Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: 8220
My Carrier: t-mobile

Bluetooth Connection

Phone is an 8220.  Can't turn on Bluetooth.  Have done it ALL to the point I reset the phone to factory settings.  Blutooth did work when I first got the phone.  Help!!! jim

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

Re: Bluetooth Connection

you you get an error message?? or it could be the hardware has broken. the reciever/antenna to search for bluetooth? But to be honest i wouldnt touch the bluetooth as it kiils the batter and is a pain in the arse to tansfer anydata. Trhy transfering via bbm or another source

Sorry.  did you get my message? 

One more time.  My problem is not in getting the phone to marry up to a bluetooth source, but that I can't get the phone side to ENABLE bluetooth.  It shows Bluetooth DISABLED.  Been to ALL the settings and options on the phne to turn it on.  No luck. jim

Contributor

when you try to turn it on do you get an error message? or it might not turn on because of a harware failure

no error message.  it just won't enable.  i bought a piece of junk, i guess.  but never again.  there are numerous comments about this phone and bluetooth when you search the phone.  all of them say the phone needs to be replace, and a comment as to taking out the battery when the phone is on.  thanks for your help, time and concern. jim

Contributor

Then my advise is update to a better model :/

Visitor
My Device: Pearl 8220
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry I am late to the discussion.  I had the same "bluetooth won't enable" problem after only 5 months ownership of an 8220 Pearl Blackberry.  I also tried all the usual solutions with no success.

Try this unconventional solution .. ... put telephone in the freezer section of your refrigerator for an hour or so.   The bluetooth worked right away and ("crossing-my-fingers")  continues to work. (a few days now).

Seems to be a connection or some electronic component that is marginal and needs to be shocked by cold.   RIM is located in Canada so maybe the designers figured phone would always be used in below zero temperature.