Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9780 app error 603

Well about a month ago, my phone froze and came up with a white screen and a message displaying "app error 603", I've tried to sync it with my desktop manager and restore it, but it won't sync, I tried to update it through the manager but it won't update, I think this is because the phone will turn off every half an hour or so, is there any way to help my situation?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bold 9780 app error 603

Hey suckmmyjagon,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To fix a JVM error, follow these steps to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software: http://t.co/FOZ8LhX

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

I have tried to follow ur instructions but my phone wont connect to Desktop Software as it keeps turning off every 10 mins, I was browsing on my Google on my phone when the java warning came up and now my phone wont stay on Smiley Sad can anyone help?? Do I need to get a new phone?? Cant even back up as it wont bloody connect, I have been trying to fix this problem for 3 hours.........I am losing patience grrrrrrr

Retired

Hey Auntie-Lala,

If it keeps on turning off every 10 minutes, you'll have to complete a clean reload of the software by force detection.  Follow the steps in this article:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

-ViciousFerret

Visitor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Fnac Paris

Hi,

I am having the same problem, everytime my phone turns on it taked a lot of time for it to turn on first of all, and then it says blackberry erro 603. Well it taked about 20 minutes for it to happen so I took that time to delete all my applications. But the problem is still there. I can't delete bbm but I've deleted the rest. The problem is still there. I'm trying to do what you said, with the blackberry manager thing, but my phone takes hours to connect, it just doesnt connect. i don't know if it is because I have a Mac.

I am loosing hope, really.

Retired

Hey AnielaKattie,

The force detection article I provided is for PC use only.  If you're receiving this error it will need to be fixed on a PC.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780 OS 6
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I tried to follow your instruction to perform a clean reload.  But when I click Help (? Mark), Support Resources, the "SUPPORT TOOLS" cannot be clicked.  I can only click "Installed Blackberry Devise Software".  I'm not going anywhere with this.  I have the latest version of 3697BB Desktop Software version 6.1.

I can't do anything with the Desktop Software. 

My device 9780 was backed up a month ago.  When I now connect the device into my PC, the model & pin number appears, but my pc doesn't detect the phone. "Connecting...." keeps circling. I tried unplugging and replugging, all that the troubleshooting says I should do.

My device is still "App Error 603" and I can't use it at all.  It hangs.

Thank you in advance.

My Carrier: Movistar

I have been able to successfully revive my cellphone... NOW, IS THERE A WAY TO AVOID THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN??? I've had this problem 3 times now, and I would love not being scared of running out of battery just in case the phone decides not to work afterwards!!

Thanks,

Visitor
My Carrier: tim

[ Edited ]

Depois que fiz a atualização de um aplicativo no meu black berry , ele reiniciou sozinho e apareceu uma tela branca : App Error 606 Reset . Ele ficou travado nessa tela , não sei o que fazer estou sem  utilizar meu telefone a dias . Alguém poderia me ajudar ?

Google Translate (Portuguese):

After I did the update to an application on my black berry, he resumed alone and appeared a white screen: App Error 606 Reset. He got caught in this screen, do not know what I'm doing without using my phone for days. Could anyone help me?

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9760
My Carrier: TSTT

I was getting app error 603 and solved it on my own. I connected the phone to the usb and opened the Desktop Software. I then took out the battery and reinserted. You should get a prompt windown with the option to Repair. Click Repair and follow instructions. It took about half an hour but it solved the issue.