Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bold not wanting to do what i tell it

first.....  yes this is my first post and im asking for help...    I'd like to thank anyone who cares to take their time to offer me, some random, a bit of advice

i have a bold

trying to connect to a vista pc

I have not been able to get the bold to sync with the desktop manager....  but i have been able to get the vista machine to recognize the device...  and have been able to move files from pc to bold.  

but now i have a recorded video on my bold i want to put onto my PC....   But i have now just realized that none of the pics or vids ive taken with the bold show up on the pc...  i can see the stuff i put on the bold with the pc.

i have just deleted my desktop manager...  and installed Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.6 B13)

im currently looking for my desktop install disc so i can try to reinstall the manager...   but all i really want is to be able to view my bold pics and vids on my pc

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Bold not wanting to do what i tell it

Check this link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

There is described how to setup BlackBerry and your desktop computer to access your BlackBerry micro-sd card as an external usb-flash drive.

There are two types of memory, device internal memory and micro-sd card. It is strongly recommended to store all your files on micro-sd card.

Internal memory is using for system purposes. And lack of internal memory may affect on the device functioning.

When you have set-up it according to the instruction and in case you have saved your video in internal memory open "Media" icon on your BlackBerry device.

Select an icon, for example Music, but do not open it.

Instead of that open menu and select "Explore"

Now navigate between folders and transfer files to the micro-sd card.

After that you can see these files from your desktop computer.

Developer

Check the animated picture below. It shows how to explore device memory.

ExploreMemory.gif

New Contributor

well that was the problem...  I should of been able to realize i was looking at only the device memory stuff....  makes me kinda embarrassed

but now ive got the problem that the vid file is to big for the device mem...

but now that i know a little more about the situation perhaps i can find a solution

thanks for the tips...  helps point me in the right direction

Developer

You are welcome :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

now let me ask you this...   if i get the desktop manager to work...   will it be able to read stuff of the mem card?

im looking for the mini sd card adapter so i can put it directly into the pc and by pass the bold...   unfortunatly im having no luck finding stuff today..

im fighting it but im not going to give up!

Developer

[ Edited ]

When you have translated your files to micro-sd card just connect your device via USB-cable to the desktop computer and these files will be available for you on desktop computer as on exernal usb-drive. You do not need to remove card from device, put it into adapter and put adapter to the desktop computer. Just connect your BlackBerry device with micro-sd card inside via USB-cable to the desktop computer.

Check this link to get info

how to install micro-sd card inside to your BlackBerry device: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzDmDDYTs-o

After that just follow the link with instructions how to use your BlackBerry as USB-device.

You do not need BB Desktop Software for this.

BB Desktop Software will be suitable for backup/restore of contacts, messages and other information saved in internal device memory.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 30-05-2009 08:52 PM
New Contributor

awesome..

this freaking video of my dog playing is now on my pc and i can move on with my day

thank you all

Developer

You are very welcome :smileyhappy:

Unless you use a Mac. You only get Pocket for MAc, no media transfer capability. Tried to use the beta, but states my 10.4.11 is not up to date to use the software (direct from BB). I had to send each individual file from my 8320 to my computer via Bluetooth. Then upload the images to Iphoto, then connect and upload to my new 8900! Any way simpler?  The tech people at Tmobile stated no, as did the tech people at BB.