Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
redawgleader
My Device: 9900

C++ Runtime error for BB desktop software during sync with Windows native Contacts app

Environment

BB desktop 7.01 bundle 1646 on BB 9900

Windows 7 SP 1 on Thinkpad E220s

Contacts database recently restored from BB desktop software backup file after former hardware had water damage. This is the first attempt at a sync between new device and BB desktop software.

Procedure: Invoke BB desktop software to sync contact files with Windows native Contacts application

At beginning of step "Updating Windows Contacts" the following error message appears from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Closing the Visual C++ error dialogue box causes BB desktop software to close prematurely with no further dialogue

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
redawgleader
My Device: 9900

Re: C++ Runtime error for BB desktop software during sync with Windows native Contacts app

P.S. I should have mentioned...the sync is aborted befor any contacts are updated.
Please use plain text.