Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 GB tablet
My Carrier: non

CAN'T CONNECT DESKTOP SOFTWARE v7.1.0 B35 WITH WINDOWS 7 64 BIT PC

HI EVERYONE, i'VE GOT A DELL OPTIPLEX 755 DESKTOP PC  RUNNING WINDOWS 7 (64 BIT)  AND HAVE TRIED THE "WORKS" TO CONNECT MY PLAYBOOK VIA THE DESKTOP SOFTWARE VERSION 7.1. I JUST KEEP GETTING A NON CONNECT AND NO RECOGNITION OF THE PLAYBOOK IN MY PC UNDER "COMPUTER"

I'VED TRIED RE-INSTALLING THE OS ON MY PLAYBOOK, i'VE UN-INSTALLED AND RE-INSTALLED THE

DESKTOP SOFTWARE 7.1 TWICE. i'VE TURNED OFF BLUETOOTH AND WIFI ON THE PLAYBOOK. THERE ARE NO YELLOW QUESTION MARKS  IN MY PCs DEVICE MANAGER

IS THIS DISCONNECT ISSUE BECAUSE I'M USING WINDOWS 7 64 BIT ? iS THERE A WINDOWS 7 64 BIT DESKTOP SOFTWARE VERSION?

I HAVE HAD SUCCESS THOUGH GETTING DESKTOP SOFTWARE CONNECTING THE PLAYBOOK IN A HP NETBOOK THOUGH RUNNING WINDOWS 7 (32 BIT)

ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE AND A REMEDY

THANKS

NAMOR

TORONTO

CANADA

New Contributor

Re: CAN'T CONNECT DESKTOP SOFTWARE v7.1.0 B35 WITH WINDOWS 7 64 BIT PC

I tried another Deskrop Software 7.1 install by first un-installing the previous version and re-starting Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit and ran the new install with administration priviledges as stated in this Blackberry  link

I also disabled my AVG anti-virus

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=07DDC6E4CA1BF9B7F6C29C84B8DAD214?...

End result is agian this phrase within the Desktop Software window

" A problem occurred while attempting to connect with your Blackberry device"

I also tried another blackberry cable, same result

anybody get this issue?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Varries
My Carrier: Varries

Having a similar issue... Device cant be detected its a 9700 though... and its so frustrating... restarted the device reebooted it wiped it restarted the laptop uninstalled and reinstalled DM and still no luck
New Contributor

thanks for the feedback,  I have another sata HDD which I'll install in my PC with windows 7 64 bit andsee  the results

I  never bothered with any Microsoft updates and just rely on my AVG anti -virus. Does Desktop Manager 7.1 need any microsoft updates to sync?