Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
FiestaCat
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

3 hours later at the Sprint store and I am now a Samsung Galaxy III S user.  I'vd had a lot of pain around the change - Samsung in much less 'business' oriented.  I miss several things the BB did effortlessly and the Samsung hasn't even thought about.  Samsung clearly feels like it has targeted the YouTube, video, music and fun market.  It is really a shame BB couldn't keep it together.  I would have stayed with the product for many more years, but they beat me away with at stick.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lippo
My Device: Curve 9300

Hi Fiestacat, For my next phone I'm considering two Samsungs, the Galaxy Ace 2 and the Galaxy S Advance. Also considering the HTC One V.

I personally don't go for Apple products since I get an iPod as a Christmas gift and had various problems - again no support from the vendor!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daqie
My Device: 9800

This is a known issue with Blackberry Desktop 7.1.  Per Blackberry "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=7BE66F54B1370B4A7B19FD0FD6BD01BD?...

Please use plain text.
PawanKumarVarun
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi! Please try using Desktop Manager Version 6.1, It has worked for me hope will be working for you too :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FiestaCat

The Samsung and I were not a happy marriage.  45 days after the Samsung vows I filed for annulment and went back to a BB Bold and love it.  

I did go to an older version of the desktop software and have not had an issue.

I might be a dinosaur on a BB but I can make appointments with conference call numbers, one calendar instead of three (the Droid, Companionlink and Outlook)  I use the BB for work and calendar and keeping everything in synch and nothing has worked as well as the BB for that purpose.  

I have a very sweet little Asus 11inch EEE PC that works for playing around and it weighs about the same as the Samsung SIIII

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FiestaCat

Hi - I went back to a BB Bold.  I hated the Samsung and it didn't work well for my work situation. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hughieross
My Device: Bold 9900

SOLUTION - CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

Hi

I have had this sync error for about the last 6 months.

RIM state they do not know what causes the problem, but it is related to the 'profile picture firld' in a contact entry in your address book on the Blackberry.

RIM told me to change the profile picture for every contact in my phone, because there is no way to know exactly which contact entry is causing the problem.  Clearly, to manually change every profile picture in your entire phonebook isn't practical.

I found a very easy solution!

1) Install Facebook on your Blackberry

2) In the Facebook app go to 'options'

3) Locate the 'Blackberry Contacts Application' and put a tick in the box

4) The Facebook app will automatically check and update all profile pictures for Blackberry contacts that you also have on your Facebook account

5) This auto update of profile pictures should hopefully change the profile picture that was causing the problem

I believe my problem with sync was originally caused by the Facebook app.  At first, I allowed the app to change profile pictures.  Last year I decided to remove this option so that Facebook could no longer update the profile pictures in the Blackberry - I am sure it was at some point after this that the sync problems started.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hughieross

Hi

RIM state they do not know what causes the problem, but it is related to the 'profile picture firld' in a contact entry in your address book on the Blackberry.

RIM told me to change the profile picture for every contact in my phone, because there is no way to know exactly which contact entry is causing the problem.  Clearly, to manually change every profile picture in your entire phonebook isn't practical.

4) The Facebook app will automatically check and update all profile pictures for Blackberry contacts that you also have on your Facebook account

5) This auto update of profile pictures should hopefully change the profile picture that was causing the problem

I believe my problem with sync was originally caused by the Facebook app.  At first, I allowed the app to change profile pictures.  Last year I decided to remove this option so that Facebook could no longer update the profile pictures in the Blackberry - I am sure it was at some point after this that the sync problems started.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hughieross

FiestaCat wrote:

Can not sync!! Got a new BB from Sprint because the Alt and Space key died and now I get this error message.  Can anyone get me around this message so i can sync?

FYI this is my third replacement since April....not so happy with the recent BB offerings.... quality is slipping!

Hi

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hughieross

Hey

Good luck!

Please use plain text.