Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Hughieross
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

Hi

I have had this sync error for about the last 6 months.

RIM state they do not know what causes the problem, but it is related to the 'profile picture firld' in a contact entry in your address book on the Blackberry.

RIM told me to change the profile picture for every contact in my phone, because there is no way to know exactly which contact entry is causing the problem.  Clearly, to manually change every profile picture in your entire phonebook isn't practical.

I found a very easy solution!

1) Install Facebook on your Blackberry

2) In the Facebook app go to 'options'

3) Locate the 'Blackberry Contacts Application' and put a tick in the box

4) The Facebook app will automatically check and update all profile pictures for Blackberry contacts that you also have on your Facebook account

5) This auto update of profile pictures should hopefully change the profile picture that was causing the problem

I believe my problem with sync was originally caused by the Facebook app.  At first, I allowed the app to change profile pictures.  Last year I decided to remove this option so that Facebook could no longer update the profile pictures in the Blackberry - I am sure it was at some point after this that the sync problems started.

Good luck!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hughieross

Hi

I have had this sync error for about the last 6 months.

RIM state they do not know what causes the problem, but it is related to the 'profile picture firld' in a contact entry in your address book on the Blackberry.

RIM told me to change the profile picture for every contact in my phone, because there is no way to know exactly which contact entry is causing the problem.  Clearly, to manually change every profile picture in your entire phonebook isn't practical.

I found a very easy solution!

1) Install Facebook on your Blackberry

2) In the Facebook app go to 'options'

3) Locate the 'Blackberry Contacts Application' and put a tick in the box

4) The Facebook app will automatically check and update all profile pictures for Blackberry contacts that you also have on your Facebook account

5) This auto update of profile pictures should hopefully change the profile picture that was causing the problem

I believe my problem with sync was originally caused by the Facebook app.  At first, I allowed the app to change profile pictures.  Last year I decided to remove this option so that Facebook could no longer update the profile pictures in the Blackberry - I am sure it was at some point after this that the sync problems started.

Good luck!!!

Please use plain text.
arthurpap
My Device: Bold 9700

I experienced the same error message. I found this RIM page Here It explains that a blank picture is the cause, and the workaround is to correct or refresh the contact image.

I opened my BB Contacts list and simply looked at the images as I scrolled down the entire list. There were 2 that were blank. This is different from no image. I have many that have no image. I found 2 that were blank.

To correct the 2 BB contacts that had BLANK images, I opened my Facebook app, went to 'Friends' and located and hovered over the friend name. Then, I pressed the menu key and chose 'Refresh BB Contact' from the FB app friend menu. For the 2 contacts with the issue, the images were refreshed. I did this for each contact with the blank image.

Then, I successfully synched using the Desktop Software V7.1.0.37 released Dec 13, 2012, bundle 39. After I did the workaround - meaning refresh\repair the BB Contacts images which were BLANK - the sync worked like a charm. Good luck. Be diligent. God Bless You!

Please use plain text.
Deepu_Thomas
My Device: BB torch 9800

Finally after more than 6-8 months of having this issue, got to check it up on forums

Came across the actual issue in BB forum. link below

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=2600C60F576501C2DF873634E2676CA5?...

got temp work around with the below link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop-software-f153/desktop-error-crtranrec-getlinkedrecordid-745361/

Followed the "long way" steps suggested by mohamed Ibrahim3

and now it is fine :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poiliams
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Does BlackBerry provide technical support?  Pretty unthinkable that there is not a solution for this most basic of problems.  This kind of problem is a company killer...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Poiliams wrote:

Does BlackBerry provide technical support?

For free, not directly (they never have)...please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hughieross

BlackBerry technical support is terrible!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poiliams
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

How do you contact them?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Poiliams wrote:

How do you contact them?

Via the methods I already provided you, from post 26 above.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shuhuii
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi,

The error message "invalid linked record id" appeared when I tried to sync Blackberry Bold 9900 with Outlook Calendar. I read up and the possible reason is due to recurring appointments on the Calendar which led to the error. Need help on the best solution to resolve this, please. Thanks everyone who can provide some insights!

Please use plain text.