Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
yogadame
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

When trying to sync my Torch 9800 with my desktop I received the above message.  I reviewed an earlier message that suggested looking in the address book for a blank id page - I do not know where to look for this - please help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

Hello,

Just to be clear, here are the relevant KBs:

• KB31008 During contact synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software the error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed
  • KB33247 During Calendar sync using BlackBerry Desktop Software the error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is encountered

Please specify which you are attempting to follow, and exactly which portion you are stuck on.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yogadame

I tryed to sync again and now got a different message "Synchronization error: a grogram error occurred at line 131 in .\Error.cpp

can you help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...that one then involves this KB:

• KB32032 Recurring appointments of a specific pattern cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yogadame

i tried the workaround that Blackberry suggest - it seemed to fix 70% of the problem and then gave me the same error message

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...then maybe you watn to try starting over perhaps? If so, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Otherwise, if you want to seek formal support from BlackBerry, you have to go through your mobile service provider, who can escalate your case up to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yogadame

Thank you, it didn't work and then it did!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next time.  Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.