Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

richardfoulkes
My Device: 9900

Re: CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : Invalid linked record ld

has anyone actually got a solution to this that works?? this is most frustrating.

Contributor
gnulab
My Device: Q10

We are all connected now, our address book are growing everyday, and RIM expects us to sift through our contacts to find the offending contact entries before it allows our device to be sync?

Oh my... at the very least highlight the offending entries that way we can remedy those.

Contributor
baldwin64
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook

[ Edited ]

I switched from a 9810 to a Z10 and handed my 9810 to my wife.  We had no problem syncing it with win7 64  and Outlook 2010 using Desktop Software version 7.1.0.41 B42.  When I want to use the 9810 to feed Outlook 2010 (one way sync from 9810 to computer/Outlook) on a newly bought laptop computer (dell c/w i3, 6gig ram, win8) i get the "CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : Invalid linked record ld" error displayed.

The contacts are OK.  The error seems to be with calendar.

Any clue on what to do to resolve this ?

Luc Baldwin64 Beaudoin

Z10 user

Playbook user

9810 ex-user

married to a 9810 user !!!

Luc (Baldwin64) Beaudoin
Z10 user
Playbook user
9810 ex-user
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

baldwin64 wrote:

I switched from a 9810 to a Z10 and handed my 9810 to my wife.  We had no problem syncing it with win7 64  and Outlook 2010 using Desktop Software version 7.1.0.41 B42.  When I want to use the 9810 to feed Outlook 2010 (one way sync from 9810 to computer/Outlook) on a newly bought laptop computer (dell c/w i3, 6gig ram, win8) i get the "CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld : Invalid linked record ld" error displayed.

The contacts are OK.  The error seems to be with calendar.

Any clue on what to do to resolve this ?

Luc Baldwin64 Beaudoin

Z10 user

Playbook user

9810 ex-user

Hello,

Therefore, this KB would be the applicable one:

• KB33247 "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing Calendar with BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
baldwin64

OK. Thanks for your reply.

Do you suggest I call my carrier to open a support ticket with BB support ?

Or how can I find the recurring appointment(s) that is the problem ?

And why does this happen only in Win8 ?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Luc (Baldwin64) Beaudoin

Z10 user

Playbook user

9810 ex-user

Luc (Baldwin64) Beaudoin
Z10 user
Playbook user
9810 ex-user
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

baldwin64 wrote:

Do you suggest I call my carrier to open a support ticket with BB support ?

That is certainly one approach...especially given the content of the KB.

baldwin64 wrote:

Or how can I find the recurring appointment(s) that is the problem ?

There are many methods. One would be to find all recurring appointments and remove them one by one until you find the culprit. Another would depend on if you have any further information when the failure happens -- e.g., if you know a record number, you can try exporting from Outlook to CSV...I've heard that the resulting order of records in the CSV is the same as they are processed by the Desktop Software for synchronization.

baldwin64 wrote:

And why does this happen only in Win8 ?

I don't think it does...If memory serves me correctly, there are plenty of posts here from others with the problem who are not on Win8.

You could also try this thread (albeit written for Win7...you will have to substitute things that are specific to Win8):

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
baldwin64

I'll be trying a few things, many thanks for help

Have a nice day

:Rockon:

Luc (Baldwin64) Beaudoin
Z10 user
Playbook user
9810 ex-user
New Contributor
shuhuii
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi Vicious Ferret,

I am facing a similar prob trying to sync BB Bold 9900 with Outlook Calendar. I tried to load the sync log via "?" sign on the top right hand corner of the desktop manager, however it always fail to load on my IE. Could you help me with this please? Thanks!!

BarbDecker
My Device: blackberry Bold

I also keep getting this message, and CAN NOT sync my blackberry to my windows calendar...is there a solution for this as of yet.

This is very frustrating and i'm thinking of getting a different phone just for this reason. Love my blackberry but i HAVE to be able to sync it to my calendar.

Contributor
thevaughans
My Device: Bold 9000

This solution is easier.

The problem is caused by flawed recurring appointments in your calendar and the solution is simple. It will require that you use your BB data as the base as you'll need to wipe the calendar data on you PC or Laptop. I'm assuming you're using Outlook. Here goes

1. Set synchronization to be fro your BB to your PC
  2. In Outlook view your Calendar as All Appointments and add a column "Created"
  3. Synchronise and watch the appointments arrive in Outlook as the Sync runs
  4. When the offending appointment arrives the Sync will stop.
  5. Sort the calendar from oldest to newest Created and the last entry will be the offending appointment.
  6. Delete the appointment on your BB
  7. Synchronise again until all the offending appointments have been removed. I only had two out of 500 appointments and the whole process took about ten minutes.  

I can't claim credit for this solution; I found it on another forum but I've forgotten which one so you are the original author reading this, thanks!

AV