Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
nphowery
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Sync Problem: Database cannot be accessed

Hi all,

I'm so frustrated with this sync for blackberry! I have been trying to sync iCal with my bb curve 8330. Everytime I try, it says "The database for synchronization cannot be accessed. Refer to article KB19454 in the blackberry for mac desktop manager knowledge base"

Anyone get this message or know how to fix it? I have tried clearing, forgetting, and resyncing the calendar and so far it has not worked.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks everyone!

New Contributor
fingers_here
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar Sync Problem: Database cannot be accessed

I began having this problem after DM updated to 1.0.1 (build 2).  From the KB article the warning box it prompts recommends there is no known work around if you're not on BES.  Has anyone found one?

New Contributor
nws8900
My Device: Curve 8900, Mac OS X 10.6.1

Having the same problem on my 8900 since "updating" this morning to 1.0.1 

KB19454 is not helpful (not enterprise)

Still no option to overwrite either desktop or device. When?

andya
My Device: Bold 9700

I had the problem continually.  I use a Mac and Desktop Software for Mac.  After many failed attempts I did the following which worked like a charm.

1. Using the BB Desktop Software, I cleared the data for calendar from the device (it's an option under the Device Tab)

2. On the BB, go to Options - Advanced and "Default Services".  Make sure the calendar and messaging services are the same.

3. Then go to Options - Advanced and "Service Books".  Delete all of the CICAL items that do not match the one you saved in step 2.

4. Sync your BB selecting replace all data on the device

5. Sync it with 2 way sync.

Should work.  Good luck