Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
canthe
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8410

Calendar Sync error 0x80040fb3 syncing with Outlook 2010 and 6.0 software

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my Blackberry Pearl 8410 with the new Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0. I have Outlook 2010 32 bit installed on my  laptop, and I am able to successfully sync my address book. But when I attempt to sync my calendar, I fail at item 5 of 1137 with:

Error encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3.

Check documentation.

I've searched through the KB and found the items for this error listed here, here, and here. But all of them are for the 5.1 software and all of them say "install the latest software", which is not solving my problem.

Any help? Thanks!

Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: Calendar Sync error 0x80040fb3 syncing with Outlook 2010 and 6.0 software

Check your calendar for attendees.  Also, sometimes recurring events (or those that regenerate instead of recur) could cause it to stop midway into the sync.  A lot of people were having sync issues with DM6; not sure if it's exactly the same as what I had - but you can do a search for tags "Desktop Manager 6", and "sync" (especially "vexazn") & see if my solution will work for your issue.  Good luck!

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!