Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Calendar Sync; first sync all items, then date range, then all items; all past items deleted

I work the IT at my company.  My coworker got a blackberry storm.  We hooked it up and sync'd Outlook 2007 to the Blackberry.  Everything went correctly.  

Initally, we had the Calendar syncing "All Items". But after looking at the settings, we decided to only sync a Date Range.  We sync'd but we didn't realize that the blackberry removes anything outside the date range.  Rather than just updating whatever falls in the date range.

So we switched it back to "All Items".  Now the Blackberry told Outlook to delete all the entries outside of the Date Range. 

HELP I'M SCREWED!  My Coworker's calendar is all screwed up.  Can the Blackberry software recover all these deleted items? 

Or do I need to go to my backup and retrieve all her information?  I can do that, but that requires alot more work.

If there's anothe post that helps out, please please direct me to it.  I'm gonna keep searching... 

Scott 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Calendar Sync; first sync all items, then date range, then all items; all past items deleted

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Is this a BES device (controlled by a server) or a BIS personal phone?

Do you have a full copy of the calendar on the device?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: Calendar Sync; first sync all items, then date range, then all items; all past items deleted

The Desktop software is set up as Personal. (not syncing to server)

No, When we believe when we switched the sync to "update date range" the blackberry removed old items from the phone.

New Contributor

Well.  This is becoming a problem. but first my solution:

I went to a backup and restored the mailbox.  The calendar appointments were copied back into the calendar and sync'd whalla, it's done.

So this topic is done, however the problem isn't.  The Blackebery storm was still deleting old appointments.  Then I learned about "Keep Appointments = Forever" 

We'll see how that goes.   

I already had my "Keep Forever" set on my Blackberry storm.  Then I had to reinstall my OS on my computer and restore all my files from backup.  When I connected my Storm all of my appointments were deleted on my Outlook again.  I think the only solution to not allowing the Storm to sync the Outlook is to only use the Storm as a cell phone and a web browser.  The Storm is of no use to me when it keeps deleting the Outlook desktop Calendar.

-never buy a Storm for anything other than a cell phone.

New Contributor

I am afraid that is what she is doing too :smileysad: 

how fustrating.