Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

BitsBytesMore
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar is not synchronized with Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.0.40 using Win7 64-bit and Office 2010

This worked for me like a charm. In my case it was Facebook which was selected in the options for the calendar. I have several email accounts and was unsure as to which one to choose. Fortunately, the first one I chose worked (I chose the one that is configured in Outlook 2010).

New Contributor
childan
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Calendar is not synchronized with Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.0.40 using Win7 and Office 2007

After an hour on hold this was an easy fix. On the device go to OPTIONS and ADVANCED OPTIONS and DEFAULT SERVICES..

next make sure that the email address under calendar is one that is supported and used in Outlook on the desktop PC - then you can set it up - no problem..

New Contributor
quah
My Device: 9000

Re: Calendar is not synchronized with Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.0.40 using Win7 and Office 2007

I only have one email address set up on this device. 

I do not have any other calendar services listed on the Default Services screen.

I only have one CICAL service book entry. 

I only have one calendar in Outlook.

I do not (any longer) have the Facebook app installed.

So far, the only workaround I have found is to uninstall Desktop 6.0, choosing the option to also delete all configuration settings.  Then, install Desktop 5.0.  Works fine. 

New Contributor
kajehart
My Device: Storm2 9550

Thanks, Abrogan--I went back and tried your advice again and it worked great! My setting was already on my email adress, but i changed it to facebook, saved it, and changed it back to my email and saved it and it worked!!! The calendar no longer showed "not installed"--it immediately showed a two way connection with MS Outlook and synced beautifully! THANKS SO MUCH!

New Contributor
kouliscon
My Device: 9700

i have 2 email adresses and i have changed from one to the other one in the option -> Advance Options -> Deafult services and after it worked good the synchronization with the Calendar...

Thx you all

New Contributor
simonp1552
My Device: 8520

Well that is ridiculous,  I had to allow facebook to access my calendar just so that I could unselect the facebook calendar and then it worked doing the same as above. 

That is an unnecessary pain in the arse.  But it is now fixed.  Thanks

New Contributor
bobc
My Device: Not Specified

abrogan wrote:

I did the same thing today: using a BB Curve 8330, installed BB Desktop software 6.0.0 and noticed the calendar had "(not installed)". I found something that worked for me - surprisingly quickly - which you may want to try. You have to go into your "Options" on the BlackBerry and, under "Advanced Options," look at "Default Services." Your calendar should list your email under it and not at app (mine was reading Facebook). Try this even if you told the Facebook app not to integrate with your calendar. I disconnected then reconnected my BB and the sync started immediately for my calendar. You will need to configure your settings first.

I am using BB 9630 Tour and had same problem.  I had 3 emails connected - no apps.  Switched from one email to another as the "default" for calendar, and sync for calendar is now present and functional!!    Thanks abrogan!!

New Contributor
MsTiggy
My Device: Curve 8330

This fix is not working for me! :smileysad:

I am using Windows 7, and Outlook 2010.

I just got my blackberry, and was really psyched to download this today, since I have not been able to sync with Outlook 2010 at all with the old version of the Desktop Software.

Now it will sync my contacts and my tasks, but it says "not installed" next to calendar!  I tried changing the default setting to facebook and back, and it will sync when facebook is selected (though none of my Outlook events sync - only the facebook ones), but I really don't want to sync my personal calendar to facebook!

I tried deleting the facebook calendar, but no luck.

Anyone come across any other solutions I could try?

Thanks!

pmignini
My Device: Tour 9630

Thanks to the original poster for the Default solution.

Others are having problems still, as did I. My solution:

1. After changing the Default settings (see earliest posts), use BBerry Desktop Manager (I have v. 6) to delete all calendar entries on the device. Go under menu Device - Delete Data for this. I also did this for my address book, but that's your call.
  2. Change Sync settings so that sync for calendar (and address book if needed) is one way from computer (Outlook) to device.
  3. Run Sync. This loads all Outlook entries to device.
  4. Change Sync settings back to two-way (device to Outlook and vice versa).

At this point, all new entries on either Outlook or on device will sync.

I must say, this has been a royal pain in the... for what is supposedly new and improved software which, I might add, takes over twice the time to load as did Manager v. 5.

drubin
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: "Calendar not installed" problem with Desktop 6

[ Edited ]

This is helpful but in my case it was not this simple, because my phone was already set up as described. FWIW, I'm running BBerry Desktop on WinXP SP3, using Outlook 2007. After scanning a couple of dozen posts I tried this:

I opened the Facebook app (installed on this phone _before_ Desktop 6 was released), went to its options, and told it to sync with my Blackberry calendar (I had specifically denied this permission when installing the FB app).

Then I went to OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / DEFAULT SERVICES as described, changed the calendar dropdown to Facebook, then saved the change.

Finally I went back into OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS and changed the calendar dropdown back to my desired e-mail address.

When I connected the phone to the PC, I was able to get it to work. I had to run the configuration utility because I'd previously reset the configuration while attempting to fix this problem.

Thanks to all who contributed on this thread. As for RIM, this is the kind of problem I would expect them to discover and fix prior to releasing the software. Or, as soon as the problem surfaced, RIM needed to communicate directly with BBerry owners (through the service providers if necessary) and alert us to wait on the upgrade, or give us an easy fix.

In RIM's defense, when they exposed an API to Facebook, we all became vulnerable to Facebook's well-recognized aggressiveness. Until I hear otherwise, I'll assume that installing the FB app was responsible for this hiccup.