Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Caller ID blocking

Help.

I have caller ID blocking on my phone.  In my address book I have *82 befor all my contacts so they can see my number when I call them.  The problem is that when they call me all I see is their number and not their name although they are in my address book.  Seems that the BlabBerry does not recognise the number with the *82 in front.

I need to make calls with the caller ID in place so when I call patients, they do not have my direct cell contact number.

How do I fix?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Caller ID blocking

TWO THINGS:

Removed your number from the sim card. This 'Should' make all calls you make seen with no number.

options > Advanced options > Sim> Menu Button > Edit Sim number.

Or

Contact your carrier and have a Call Number display block Code applied to your mobile number.

please note: these options are to make ALL calls from an unkown number. if you want to pick and choose. you will need to manually do it each time.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Caller ID blocking

lokesh wrote:

I have caller ID blocking on my phone.  In my address book I have *82 befor all my contacts so they can see my number when I call them.  The problem is that when they call me all I see is their number and not their name although they are in my address book.  Seems that the BlabBerry does not recognise the number with the *82 in front.

I need to make calls with the caller ID in place so when I call patients, they do not have my direct cell contact number.

How do I fix?

I think you can't. but you can so something else :

• you can, for each of your contact, add a new phone number, that will be the one wihout the *82
  • you can ask your carrier to let everybody see your phone number, and for each person you want to not know your number, you add *82 before you call.
first solution is a chore (especially if you have many contacts, but it's a one-time work, and then you're done. Second solution is not secured for you may forget to hit the hiding code.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: