Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile UK

Can I sync with iCal after iCloud activated?

I have a new 9900 and was syncing it without problems with iCal and Mac Address book. After I activated iCloud yesterday it will not sync - any ideas appreciated - thank you. Nick 

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8680
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can I sync with iCal after iCloud activated?

The answer is, unfortunately, no.  I've just spent the greater part of 90 minutes on the phone with Apple support.  Not only can't you synch, you can't restore your calendars (which now reside in the cloud).

Apple Care is stumped and they keep passing me around from one person to another.  Very annoying.  My only option, if I want my calendars on my phone, would be an iPhone.

New Contributor

Thank you Ricci, have you tried adding a local calendar to iCal? The BB can then see iCal but keeps coming up with a message saying there is an error and I can get no further.

I am beginning to doubt my decision to change from an iPhone 3GS to BB9900!!

Highlighted
Contributor

I did try that.  But I have about 6 calendars (conferences, fundraisers, personal appts., travel, etc.) and the work-around is both cumbersome and very confusing.  It means I have 2 of everything on my laptop, even if the BB would recognize and synch the single calendar.

I'm afraid I'm either going to have to move to an iPhone (been on a bb for 15 years) or give up having my calendar with me (THAT will be very annoying).

I'll let you know what happens after my Genius bar visit this morning.

New Contributor

Thank you Ricci. I talked to t Mobile support and in their opinion the only way it will sync is when iCloud is disabled on iCal. T Mobile told me that they were aware of the problem and maybe Apple or RIM will have a fix eventually. I am inclined to blame Apple not RIM for this and I prefer my 9900 to my 3GS, so do not plan to change back!

Contributor

Oh it's totally Apple. It "forces" you to move to the iPhone..  And I hate to be forced to do anything.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Digicel

I totally agree with all. Don't force me. I was planning on buying the 4S but still need my BB functional as well. I have to be walking around with my iPad in order to have contact information.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Please post if you can get this fixed... its bugging me major league. Apple are usually better than this...
Contributor

So I went to the Genius bar.  (thank heavens I ignored the 1-800-Applecare advice!).  What we did was sign me out of iCloud and do a restore from my Time Machine from right before I signed into iCloud.

That is, unfortunately, the only way out - to sign out and not use iCloud.  If you use it, it absolutely will NOT synch with your blackberry.

I was fine before iCloud and I'm fine now - I didn't really need it and, until I have all Apple products, I'll live without it.

Just as an aside, the Genius bar was one person after another with iCloud issues.  I was the only BB person.  The others were lost data.  Good to know.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Great... for those that aren't too Mac smart (me). whats the file name of iCal backup I'm looking for?