Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can I transfer my .m4a files onto my Backberry Pearl?

I am about to get a Blackberry Pearl but want to know how I transfer all of the songs that I have bought from itunes onto the phone. Is there a software package? I have read that you can enable the media card to Mass Storage and it lets you transfer files from the mac, but I have not read anything about the native itunes files transfering from a Mac to the Blackberry.

Thanks Very Much for any advice.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Can I transfer my .m4a files onto my Backberry Pearl?

Mass Storage Mode is an option for you at this point.

There is a software package (BlackBerry Media Sync), but only on PCs right now. The page says a Mac version is in development though

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp#tab_tab_requirements

Here's a listing of the supported media formats: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05482

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can I transfer my .m4a files onto my Backberry Pearl?

Thanks, It looks like the .m4a is supported on the device. If I use Mass Storage Mode and transfer the files onto the device guess I should still be able to play them...Hope so, because I am thowing out my piece of garbage Iphone today and trying to get a phone that actaully makes and recieves phone calls with some reliability.