Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Developer
mnkumar
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can I use BlackBerry Softwares with version numbers >= 4.5

I have BB Curve 8320. Can I use BlackBerry Softwares (Blackberry JDE, BB desktop manager, etc) with version numbers >= 4.5 for my device.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Can I use BlackBerry Softwares with version numbers >= 4.5

yes, you can.

You can also use Desktop Manager version 4.6 and 4.7

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Can I use BlackBerry Softwares with version numbers >= 4.5

Desktop Manager has always had backwards compatability in my (almost 10 year) experience.  There are older versions of Desktop Manager that won't have full functionality or won't work at all with newer devices - specifically you must have DM v4.2 or higher with devices released after the first Pearl (8100).

JDE doesn't "work" with your BlackBerry, it's a Development Environment for writing programs for the BlackBerry, so the question doesn't really have any relevance - EXCEPT that if you use a JDE that's later than your OS and use features only available in the version you're using or later, obviously the program you develop will not work properly on your BlackBerry.

Jerry