Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

rspurdum
My Device: Bold 9000

Can i stop automatic syncing when i start desktop manager 6?

I DM 5 i could choose when to sync. DM 6 syncs whenever i connect my Bold 9700. Is there a way to turn off this automatic function?

Contributor
csantoss
My Device: 9900 / PB 32 GB

Re: Can i stop automatic syncing when i start desktop manager 6?

Sure...

Once your device is connected and ready (not while synching), click on "Organizer" and then within the Synchronization Settings, click Configure Settings.

The Setup Wizard should allow you to configure when to sync your device.

Hope that helps...

Contributor
derekh4
My Device: Curve 8900

What you want to do in BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6 to disable automatic syncronization when you connect your device is go to the following option in Desktop Manager:

Device - Device Options - General (tab)

Under the heading "When I connect my device:" uncheck the items that you don't want to sync when you connect your device.

Hope this helps.

Visitor
Critcho
My Device: 9700

This can only be done once the device is connected, is there any way to prevent it before it starts?

My Bold 9700 starts to sync as soon as I connect it, and it doesn't work, so BB Desktop locks up when it gets to "Preparing Synch Preview". It pops up an Outlook Login window, but keeps showing it, even though I know I have the right password. If I hit cancel the second the sync window appears, the button chances to "Cancelling..." immediately, but it still runs the full Synchronisation (including locking up).

I searched all the RIM directories under program files and application data, but can't find any ini or xml file that contains the setting (even tried GREPping for my BB ID), so I can't manually edit the setting to sync.

This is really really annoying me, I need to add some languages I never use back onto my BB (otherwise many applications don't work), but I can't because of this Sync issue.