Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
brianlt001
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Can't Configure to Sync with Outlook

I've seen similar problems elsewhere, but no resolutions, so please bear with me.

Just got the Curve 9360 and installed the latest version of Desktop Software (6.1.b34).  When setting up configuration to sync (trying to sync with Outlook 2007), I get into Calendar setup, Contacts setup, etc., go through the whole selection process, (selecting Outlook), get the "congratulations" message, but the configuration just doesn't stick.  I try to check off the check box next to calendar, etc., and the setup window just pops up all over again.  I can't even try to sync, since the configuration won't even complete (even though it says it did).

Tried it with Yahoo and it worked, but it just won't configure with Outlook.  Very frustrating, especially since my last BB Curve (with DS 4.2) sync'ed fine last week.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Can't Configure to Sync with Outlook

On the device, Options>Advanced Options>Default Services, make sure your defaults are OK.

Something else to try:

• Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  • Click Organizer on the left side.
  • Then select Configure Settings.
  • Check Address Book and click Advance.
  • Select Map Folder.

Something else to try.. delete the email accounts from the BB,

Go to this link from your phone:  mobile.blackberry.com
On that page, Scroll to Communicate, click on Email, choose the type of email account and setup your email from there.  Try to sync with Outlook

Hopefully one of these methods or a combo of them will work.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions.  Already tried the first suggestion, but that doesn't seem to be it.  Can't do the second method, since it won't let me into advanced configuration without initial setup, which won't take.  Will try the third.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brianlt001

Well, unfortunately the third method is also ruled out.  Tech support at my office couldn't help, either.

I ended up syncing Outlook with Google Calendar, and then Google to the BB.  That seems to work just fine, but too bad there has to be an extra step.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Gotcha.  So this is for a gmail account?

If so, I though you could setup gmail over the air using the blackberry and configure outlook to read your gmail (imap)

You won't have to use the usb cable to sync wity this setup.  Maybe this is what you meant in your last post but just making sure!

Actually, I was trying to sync with my work account which uses Outlook.  The work Outlook to Gmail to BB is just a work around, but at least it works, and does so wirelessly.  So I suppose not a total loss, but I just wish it worked easily the way I wanted it to.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Please use plain text.
honuboy
My Device: 9360 Curve
My Carrier: T-mobile

Found a solution at the link below:

"Your problem is in Outlook itself.

Close out of Outlook.

Click Start, Run, Outlook /resetfolders

Try setting up the synch again."

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Problem-setting-up-sync-between-Outlo...

Please use plain text.