Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
RobbC
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Can`t Install Desktop Software

I`m looking for help with my desktop software.  I had it installed and was having other computer issues so I reset my computer to factory settings.  I downloaded the desktop software from the Blackberry site but it won`t install on my computer.  It extracts the file and tries to install it using the installshield wizard but then I get the following message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I'm tying to install the following software:

"710_b039_multilanguage"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can`t Install Desktop Software

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB12376 Error "This installation package could not be opened" when installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
RobbC

I've tried what the other threads have suggested but it still is not working for me

New Contributor
RobbC

I've tried running it in compatibility mode and now I'm getting this error:

"C:\.........|710_b039_multilanguage.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Please help!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

RobbC wrote:

I've tried what the other threads have suggested but it still is not working for me

Sorry, but my clairvoyance app is not working...I have no way to know what "other threads" you are looking at...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

RobbC wrote:

I've tried running it in compatibility mode and now I'm getting this error:

"C:\.........|710_b039_multilanguage.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Please help!!

KB03490 Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript appears when installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
RobbC

Sorry, I pasted the error message into the search bar and got a few matches and tried what they said with negative results
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

RobbC wrote:
Sorry, I pasted the error message into the search bar and got a few matches and tried what they said with negative results

Well, all I can go by is what you say in this thread, so if you don't tell me what exactly you try and how exactly it works, you risk me giving you redundant suggestions...not an issue for me, btw...but a waste of your time.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
RobbC

I've deleted the software and cleared my cache and then downloaded it again and it didn't work.  I tried to run it using the compatibility mode and it didn't work (but I did get it sorted out with the response from KB03490 message you sent, thanks).  I've tried saving the software and running it directly, neither worked. I've tried to save the file as a .zip file but then can't open the file.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, you're all set now? The parenthetical portion of the 2nd sentence in your post makes me thing you are, but the last 2 sentences contract that. So????

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates