Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

Can't Reload Software - Help, Please!

I've been having troubles with the trackpad lately, and was told the software might need updating. So, I connect it to my computer, go to update the software, and now I'm getting the "Error 507" screen. I tried going to the support website, and doing what that says, but it won't work. My phone will no longer connect with the computer, and I can't get it to "repair" so that it will connect. Any ideas, or am I royally **bleep**ed?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Can't Reload Software - Help, Please!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In some cases, a 507 is normal during the process -- it indicates that no OS is present on the device, and it is waiting for whatever the controlling app is to move to the next step (load the OS onto the device). Sometimes, that can be kick started by simply removing and reinserting the USB cable. But, if you've already moved past that, then you have do do some other things now. Here are some methods that may help:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Usually, these work best not via the support website, but rather with both the Desktop Sofware AND your BB OS package downloaded and installed to your PC:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Nothing is working; I don't get the "update" option, I get "repair", and it fails every time.

My phone won't connect, no matter what I try.

Thank-you for your help, though! :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II

We're not done yet. Try this tool:

see if it can do a WIPE and reload to your BB.

As to connecting to your PC, sometimes it takes many many tries (dozens) to get the timing just right in certain circumstances.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Not compatible with MAC computers. :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II

Oh sorry...didn't know you were on a MAC. Indeed, what I provided in the second part of Post 2 above also cannot be carried out on a MAC...you cannot install to the MAC the BB OS package, and that is required for that process to work, and so can only be carried out on a PC. So how did you manage that?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I always forget to specify that we have a MAC. Sorry!

Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing, other than following whatever the step-by-steps tell me to do, and having no luck.

Hall of Famer II

Sorry, but you really could not even have actually carried out what I gave you above in Post 2...for I said:

• "Usually, these work best not via the support website, but rather with both the Desktop Sofware AND your BB OS package downloaded and installed to your PC."

While you can do the first part of that (install the Desktop Software) on a MAC, you cannot install the BB OS package to a MAC. Perhaps you skipped over that part and didn't say...but no matter...

I'm going to ask that this thread be moved over to our MAC-specific section (so don't post again...this will all be moved)...other MAC users tend to hang out more over there. 

But I honestly do not know if ANY of the repair procedures can even be carried out via MAC at all.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I downloaded what it told me to download; no clue over here.

Thanks for all your help, at any rate. Appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

Hall of Famer II

FYI...your download source, for the Desktop Software, is here:

If you do try on PC, then your download source for the BB OS package is here:

You are in a situation where things are very mucked up...so following what "it" tells you may not be your best course of action to recover. There are lots of "tricks" (I only know of PC-based ones), but they require you to take control and not just rely on the automation. 

But, again, I've no idea about MAC.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates