Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

K29
Contributor
K29
My Device: Curve 9300

Can't add blackberry as bluetooth device

I downloaded the lastest version of Blackberry Desktop Software. I am trying to connect my blackberry Curve 9300 via bluetooth. I am running Windows Vista 32 bit.

This is what I have done:

Switched on bluetooth on blackberry, and set device to be discoverable.
Switched on laptop's bluetooth (which is in working order, pairs with my Nokia etc fine)
Open Blackberry Desktop Software.

Click Add Bluetooth Device,

*Nothing happens. A new window doesn't even open!*

If I go into Tools-> Desktop Options->Bluetooth, Allow Bluetooth connections is checked.

If I click the Manage Connections button, it doesn't do anything(doesn't open a new window or anything like that)

I then tried to pair by blackberry as I would any other device. I closed the Desktop Manager and restarted the computer. Then:
I switch on the bluetooth adapter, and rightclick the Bluetooth Icon in the System Tray, and click add device.
Vista does not discover the device. It is invisible. (Even though as I mentioned, the blackberry is set to discoverable)

I then tried going the other way. The blackberry discovers my computer fine. I type a passkey on the blackberry. I get a popup in Windows saying that a device wants to connect, click this bubble to allow it. I click it, and nothing happens (doesn't even ask for the passkey)

Please help!

K29
Contributor
K29
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Can't add blackberry as bluetooth device

Also I tried something else, now. Opened desktop manager. In the system Tray I right clicked on the Device Manager icon->Proporties->Options->Configure Bluetooth->Add

This time it discovers the device! AND the light on my blackberry starts flashing blue. I get the same Windows Vista bubble as before and click on it to allow the connection. The screen freezes for about 10 seconds, then the Add screen closes on my PC. On my Blackberry it says "Connection to UserPC has failed"

Also the software on my blackberry is: 6.0 bundle 1879(v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.6.0.124)

Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

Re: Can't add blackberry as bluetooth device

[ Edited ]

The problem I am having is with my Bold 9780. I set it to discoverable and through the BBDM I click on (Tools -> add blue tooth device) this window searches for paired bluetooth devices in range. This initial search fails and then clicking on the (Add) button my phone is recognised. here is where the problem surfaces. when I try to add my phone, both the phone and the computer display the connection code which should match; They don't and therefore I can not connect the two devices. I have also tried the reverse of setting the PC as discoverable, selecting add from the 9780 and getting the same result. Now before you suggest any possible soloutions, I have tried an old Pearl 8100, which asked for the code to connect while windows too produced a blank box to assign a mutually shared code. (1111) I used on both the 8100 and PC, They connected flawlessly. I then tried my Tried and trusty Bold 9000. The computer displayed a connect code and the 9000 allowed me to input this code in a blank box. Again, connection to PC and DM was flawless. Tried the 9780 again and it still continues to give me two mismatched codes between the PC and the 9780. The codes are also random generated by both devices. Never have I seen the came code twice. How do I force either my PC or the 9780 allow code input from the other device??? I have never run into this before. I am running 9780 OS Version 6.0.0.666 from Rogers also tried 6.0.0.723 from Partner Communications. My PC is running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and my BBDM is up to date Ver.6.1.0.36. Thanks for any advice.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")