Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, PlayBook 32GB x2
My Carrier: Koodo

Can't connect a video call between 2 PlayBooks on the same BBID

[ Edited ]

I recently picked up a second PlayBook and linked it to the same BBID as my phone and my first PlayBook. My issue is that I can't make a video call from one playbook to the other. Both are set to 'able to receive video calls' but when I enter the PIN of either device interest other one, the call is initiated but never connects to the other. Both are connected to the same wifi or one through BB Bridge. Can I make a video chat between 2 PlayBook onthe BBID. IF so, any suggestions on what the issue might be? 

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Can't connect a video call between 2 PlayBooks on the same BBID

You will have to create a new BBID for one of those playbook to be able to use video chat.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, PlayBook 32GB x2
My Carrier: Koodo

If i sign up for a new BBID, do a security wipe, and connect one playbook to the new BBID, will I still be able to use desktop software on 1 PC to back up both playbooks? I realize I will have to reinstall any apps I use, and re-purchase any paid apps, I just want to be able to back up data on both playbooks to one computer and make sure i will be able to restore files currently on the one playbook back to that device once i have switched BBID's. 

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

I unsure of the 2 Playbook 1 Pc thing. but i think it works since i am able to back up 3 blackberry phones on 1 PC. Yes that is correct using a new BBID will reqiure the re-purchase of any paid apps.