Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

bfb1963
My Device: Not Specified

Can't find Desktop Manager Software

I don't have my original disk anymore.  I just upgraded my Alltel 8130 to ver. 4.5 from 4.3 on a new computer, but BBDMS did not load on my computer.  The upgrade only loaded files in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion" for the upgrading loader.  I thought BBDMS would show up when my 8130 OS was upgraded.  How can I get this program?
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Can't find Desktop Manager Software

[ Edited ]

You can download the latest version of Desktop Manager here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Some suggestions.

First, download the English Version Without Media Manager (61 Mb) instead of the version with Media Manager (192 Mb). Aside from the obvious difference in download side, Media Manager has problems with Vista and any other Roxio software you might have installed, and not worth the installation space (over 200 Mb after installation).

Second, the EXE you download is actually a self extracting Zip file. Use WinZip or other file unarchiver to extract the file to an empty directory, then run BlackBerrySetup.exe from that directory to install Desktop Manager. If you don't, you'll eventually lose the MSI Setup file and be unable to use Add/Remove Programs (Program Features in Vista) to change your setup.

Good luck.

Message Edited by JerryD on 08-17-2008 11:33 AM
Jerry