02-15-2012 08:25 PM
Completed installation of BlackBerry Desktop Software Version 18.104.22.168.
Started the software and verified the organizer sync parameters as instructed by software.
Software started with Getting Status Information from BlackBerry Calendar, then went to Getting Status Information from Outlook Calendar, and I believe it is reading all the records (several thousand) based upon the record numbers, but this version has them go by so quickly I cannot see the total before the next phase.
Then the software begins reading more records, and stops at record 346, and an Error Message pops up:
Record with specified Id (FFFFC4DC) not found.
The syncronization of the organizer does not complete and the Desktop software goes on to the Add-Ins (if Sync All had been chosen), othwise it just stops and shows the Summary window - Organizer data - Complete, as though it had actualy completed all the phases correctly.
What should I do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-16-2012 02:36 AM
First you want to enable the “Full” sync logging option.
Go to Tools>Desktop Options>”Configure Sync Logging Options”>change “Basic to Full
Perform the sync to get the error.
Open the sync log, go to the “?” in the upper right corner> Support Resources>Organizer Sync Log
This will open the sync log, hit CTRL+F to search the file for FFFFC4DC
You should see a date that is listed above the code within a few lines, the date will be in green text.
Delete the matching entry from Outlook and recreate it.
That should correct your issue.
Once you have the problem solved, set the sync log option back to basic.
02-16-2012 03:05 AM
Since upgrading yesterday to the latest BB Desktop software I also experience problems with syncing organiser data.
I dont get an error but the process never completes.
Stays on the sync screen with message "prepairing sync preview"
02-17-2012 12:12 PM
I've been trying this method for a day and a half and still get no relief.
The SyncLog file is 55 MB and takes a while to load. (Apparently there is a bug in IE with Skype add-in that doesn't allow the Clipboard to empty and gave me a fit trying to copy the pertinent data to a file so I can discuss what you described vs. what I see.)
I found the record ID FFFFC4DC in three places. They were close enough to a date that I deleted the record in Outlook and re-created it, as you instructed. I still get the error, that phase of the sync stops and another starts (getting sync data) and then crashes after record 346. The same error message block "Record with specified ID(FFFFC4DC) not found" appears.
I copied a chunk of the log file from two records before to several lines afterward, and also the end page of the file with the errors just before it halts all synchronization.
I can send this to you in a file so you can see what I see. Perhaps I am seeing more than one error, but they overwrite one another? I see more than one record not found but only the one pop-up error message.
May I send this file to you? This inability to sync is killing me.
02-17-2012 12:28 PM - edited 02-17-2012 12:29 PM
I hesitated to try your method because I'm afraid of losing data in the one-way syncs. If we can't resolve this with record resolution through the sync log info, I might try yours next.
Thanks for the link.
02-17-2012 02:47 PM
It is a single appointment with no attendees.
I followed your instructions and only deleted and re-created the appointment in Outlook.
I am fairly certain that that was the correct appointment because the record ID was in three places within the area. The date did not appear in green text - only Field IDs show up in green.
02-20-2012 12:37 PM
Well, I finally got back to normal by removing the updated BlackBerry Desktop Software and re-installing version 6.1, which is available on the BlackBerry website.
I'll wait until the next revision is out for a month before upgrading again.
Thanks, JohnloveshisBB, elload, and those others who posted.
For those who got the new version to work, best of luck!