Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Cannot Load Applications Using Desktop Manager

[ Edited ]

Shippy wrote:
I guess that makes me wonder why Verizon doesn't do a better job of clarifying the needed software or bundling everything together and using a "smart install" approach that says "you have this installed but not that, do you want that installed now?" It sure would have saved me time.
Had that same problem with MTS up here in the great white north. I tried for days to install a few trial programs with no success.
That's why these forums are so great. They sent me to my MTS Mobility support page which ironically linked me back to the berry site so I could download what I needed. No where on the MTS site did it state that if you buy a blackberry, download this.
This is a list of service providers with their respective software that was posted on another thread.
Mts Mobility is not mentioned but can be found here for any Manitobans out there.

Message Edited by frfghtr on 04-03-2008 09:02 AM
My Device: Not Specified

Why, when I connect my pearl 8130 and then go to the media manger, it says that no device is connected even though the Device Manager is on and showing my phone ID and says that I am connected. The screen on the pearl also says that I am connected. I am running version 4.3 of the desktop manager software.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

One of the reasons why the device software must also be installed is that the first step the app loader does is to scan the device to see if the handheld software is up to date.  If it doesn't have the device software on the PC to compare against, the apploader can't proceed.
posted by DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

G-Man - I have found that some combinations of software and hardware models (including your PC) are fussy as to the order.  Do you have desktop manager autolaunch with windows?  If so, try closing it, connect your BB first and make sure the PC picks it up, then launch Desktop Manager.  You can also try reusing the Connection Settings/Detect option to see if that picks up on the device.

I have also had problems with passive USB hubs or damaged USB ports, try using a different USB port as well

posted by DigitalFrog