Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

BBPBUserSmith
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook

Cannot View Any Documents or Media on PB Using BB Desktop Software

I can backup and sync my BB PlayBook ("Device').  I can sync media using the specialized buttons on the BB Desktop Software for PC ("Desktop").  However, what I CANNOT do is view virtually any of the content on my Device using the Desktop; they're simply not visible as files through the Desktop. 

In other words, I want to transfer files individually (documents, for example) from my Device to my PC computer ("PC").  In order to do that, you have to click on the tab on the Desktop that allows you to view what's on your Device so you can select what to transfer.  (NOTE: I'm NOT talking about the SPECIALIZED buttons that you can click on in order to transfer the media (photos, music, and videos) -- those buttons, underneath the section in the Desktop that you must click on in order to view the files on your Device, seem to work fine).  But when I click on the relevant tab in the Desktop ABOVE the specialized buttons and navigate down to (say) the Documents folder on my Device, there's basically nothing there except a log text file, even though I have many documents on my Device.  Same thing in the Photos and the Videos folder -- and in fact, when I click on those folders, there's nothing there at all (again, I'm NOT talking about the specialized transfer buttons).

Why aren't the documents, photos, videos, music, etc., that are supposed to be visible using my Desktop visible?  How can I transfer documents from my Device to my PC when I cannot even see them?

Specifications:

BB PB, 32 gig

Latest PB Software version (updated yesterday)

BB Desktop Software was downloaded a couple of months ago

PC computer

Would someone please help?

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Cannot View Any Documents or Media on PB Using BB Desktop Software

Hello BBPBUserSmith, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Have a look at the following article which should help you out with your issue.

How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Let us know how you make out and if you need any additional help. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.