Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
ajonsson
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Cannot log on to exchange server

I have Torch 9800 and had no problem with synchronizing it with my calendar, address book and notes. Then I updated the Desktop Manager to the newest one and after that I´m getting this message:

"Cannot log on to Exchange Server. Please check server access or provide a valid password"

I´m not using an Exchange Server and as I said before it only occurred after upgrading the Desktop Manager.

I would appreciate if someone could help me and provide me with a step by step instruction as I´m not the best one in computers :-)

The Enterprise Account Settings are set to NONE.

Thanks,

A Jonsson

New Contributor
ajonsson

Re: Cannot log on to exchange server

I found this on another website and it did the magic :-)

SOLUTION: Assuming you have the latest Desktop Manager installed from BB, with both BB & OL 2010 closed
1.Open Control Panel and click Mail
2.When the window pops up, click on Show Profiles
3.Select your profile and click the Copy button. Name the copy whatever you want - we won't be keeping it around long.
4.Start Desktop Manager and connect your BB.
5.Start configuring your Organizer, but choose the copy profile for any item. Click OK when DS asks about remapping folders.
6.After configuring any Outlook component, click OK until you get back to your main DS window. At this point, you should not get the previous error message.
7.Go back into DS and configure all your Outlook components with your original profile. You will get the folder remapping message again - just click OK.
8.When you're done, click OK until you're back at the main DS window. You shouldn't get any error messages at this point.
9.From Control Panel, go back in to Mail and delete the duplicate profile you previously created.

Schriftlieder
My Device: 9650

I have this happen occassionally, seemingly at random as no changes have been made to settings between functioning and not functioning.  

What I've found works the last few times, just by trial and error, is battery pull restart the blackberry, restart the computer, start BlackBerry Desktop Software, connect BB, go to Organizer page of BBDS and reset the settings.  Then set them up again and it works.  PITA, but no reinstalls were necessary for me.

INFO:

Verizon Blackberry BOld 9650

BBDS 6.0.2.44 (both updated in software)

Outlook 2003 running on Windows Vista

No exchange server...just the local data for outlook cal/memo/addresses being synched between pc/bb

New Contributor
ajonsson

This was a great help!

Thank you Schriflieder

New Contributor
Ricksterz
My Device: Bold 9000

Thank you very much, Schriftlieder, your solution worked for me. Why BBDS would even think I have Exchange when I do not now and have never had it, I do not know. I use Outlook 2007, Bold 9000.

I'm just counting the days until the end of September.

Contributor
camerams
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the great advice.  This simple solution worked for me...almost.  Have any idea why I can't configure my Memo Pad?  Does anyone?  I could check it, configure it, but then the checkmark would be gone!  How bizarre.  It's always synced before.

New Contributor
Intelligent_Idiot
My Device: Curve 8330

Thanks very much, ajonsson.  I searched for a solution most of today, and this worked perfectly!

> The difficult I do immediately.
> The impossible takes somewhat longer.
> The simple exceeds my abilities.
1Mark1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Thank you. It worked on my BB Curve 8320! But, it begs the question about why/how this occurs in the first place. Thanks again.
matteus2010
My Device: Bold 9700

I have had this problem for several months on Windows 7 and it didnt happen prior to that on Windows XP. Not sure if thats relevant.

Although the solution given above works I am having to repeat it every couple of weeks. Its extremely frustrating. I shouldn't be having to mess with Outlook profiles to synch the BB and Outlokk - its one of the key features of the phone.

Does anyone know when a new version of the Desktop software will be released with a fix for this?

matteus2010
My Device: Bold 9700

...and 7 hours after my first post and profile reset its just happened again so I've decided to ditch the Blackberry once my contract is up and try something else.