Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Torch 8900
My Carrier: Bell

Cannot log onto Exchange Server

[ Edited ]

Updated desktop today 6.1.0.35 and tried to sync. Received msg "Cannot log onto Exchange Server. Please check server access or provide a valid password."  I am a BIS customer so not sure why I'm getting this msg. I updaged Torch mail software - still same error. Revied desktop release notes - don't see a reference. Anxious to be able to sync my BB and computer.

FIXED - IT guy at Bell walked me through. Had to reset settings and start over.

My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

Re: Cannot log onto Exchange Server

what exactly did he have you reset?  I am having the same problem...please help!

My Device: BlackBerry Pearl
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cannot log onto Exchange Server when syncing phone.

What settings had to be reset?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I too am curious about what settings need to be 're-set', because I'm having the same issue.
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: Cannot log onto Exchange Server

I have to reset my settings almost every time I sync my Torch - I was hoping the last software update would fix it, but no joy.  It used to be ok until the software upgrade before the last one.  It's getting a bit of a drag and is quite time consuming when you have to sync your phone most days as I do.

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

"I too am curious about what settings need to be 're-set', because I'm having the same issue."

Sorry - I should have said - under the "Organiser" tab on the Blackberry Desktop Software hit "Reset Settings" and then "Configure settings" and then reconfigure evrything as you had before.  It'll then work fine, but you may well find, like me, that you have to do that quite often.