Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Cannot remove greyed out files after disabling WiFi Sync

I had WiFi music sync on, but after I leave the proximity of my WiFi, there are over 1,000 greyed out entries in the way of my navigating the 100 or so files that are available locally on the device.

So I turned off the WiFi Music Sync function in the desktop manager, but even after numerous connect/disconnect cycles between the BB & the USB, all these greyed-out files are still in the way on the tag navigation interface of the BB's Music icon.

How can I uninstall this function? How else might I make my Music icon operate like it used to, not broken by the WiFi Sync function as it is now?

Please advise.

Contributor

Re: Cannot remove greyed out files after disabling WiFi Sync

Now due to other bugs that prevent sync from functioning in the new version 7, I've reverted to 610_b038_multilanguage, and still need to remove these extra entries from my lists in the Music icon.

I've rebooted the device by battery pull & they're still there.

I looked in MyWorld in AppWorld to see if I could uninstall the WiFi Music Sync app from the device, but it's not there to uninstall.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

The WiFi Sync will synchronize the content sof your computer's music files but the files that are streamed or downloaded via WiFi will be on you phone. The purpose of the greyed out songs you see is to let you manage what you want to download next so that it will be on queue waiting and will just be downloaded if the Desktop Manager's WiFi Sync is ON and your computer and Blackberry is on the same WiFi network. 

If you don't want your phone to show the greyed out songs and just list down what are saved on you device, go to Music icon inside the Media Folder, press menu button and choose Hide Home Music.

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Forums Veteran I

If you want to uninstall WiFi Sync, Kindly go to Options icon > Device > Application Management > look for WiFi Sync and  delete it

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Thanks.
Forums Veteran I

You're welcome