Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Cleanly "Starting Over" with the Desktop Software (non-BES)

The "optional" portions are, as far as I can tell, as follows:

The non-KB bullets in step 2; for your situation, I think that the repair install option for Outlook would be the one, but the other items also were optional.

Step 8 (clearing the user content databases on the BB).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Well after getting a good offer from Verizon for a Droid the Blackberry is history. Thanks for your attempts to help.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930 (v7.1.0.267, Platform 5.1.0.230)
My Carrier: Sprint

I fear that this and the lack of a physical keyboard on BB 10, at least to start with, will send a lot of loyal BB users looking for something else.

I'm stuck with the 9930 with an unusable synch to Outlook for another year, or at least until I can afford to buy out my contract.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Good luck!
Contributor

You too!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Moblile

Thank you.  I read the post you recommended, but already did what it said with no positive results.  Any other ideas from anyone else?

Hall of Famer II

missvick wrote:

Thank you.  I read the post you recommended, but already did what it said with no positive results.  Any other ideas from anyone else?

Hi,

I've replied in your dedicated thread, which anyone else seeking to assist should certainly first read so as to have full background:

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Moblile

Will the older versions of the BB Desktop software on the posted link be OK to use with a T-Mobile phone.  It says they are for Verizon.

Hall of Famer II

missvick wrote:

Will the older versions of the BB Desktop software on the posted link be OK to use with a T-Mobile phone.  It says they are for Verizon.

Where do they say that? All I see are filenames of, e.g., 610_b034_multilanguage.exe, which is the filename assigned by RIM. I've not actually needed to download and install these, but is there some later point at which you see this? To my understanding, these are the files as originally provided directly by RIM, and are irrelevant as to your carrier (the Desktop Software itself is carrier agnostic). Perhaps I am not seeing what you are seeing? If so, please clarify.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I was also "under the impression" that there might be multiple builds for different carriers.

I downloaded a 6.10 build on two different PCs.  The build was 38 in both cases.  My carrier is Sprint.  The exact name of my 6.10 download is:

610_b038_multilanguage.exe