Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Cleanly "Starting Over" with the Desktop Software (non-BES)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

lewhofmeyr wrote:

Please tell me how to fix the sync error "Redemption not installed".

KB31987"Synchronization Error Redemption is not installed." occurs when synchronizing organizer data

lewhofmeyr wrote:

To be honest i think it is RIDICULOUS to go through so many steps and it still odes not work. BB must give a solution, I pay big money to support BB and this is the errors i receive? what is the reason for this? what do i do to fix this?

Well, first off, please understand that posting on this site has nothing at all to do with any formal support for your BlackBerry. This site is a user-to-user community of volunteers. ALL formal support starts with your carrier, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center (it varies by region and issue). So please don't "expect" any formal answers from BlackBerry here on this site...for that is contradictory to it's purpose.

lewhofmeyr wrote:

i am trying to sync my contacts with Outlook. it worked perfectly and i did not change anything and this error just popped up.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the KB merely mentions that the error is known, but they do not presently have a fix. Hence, all I can recommend you try is what this thread discusses...cleanly starting over, and considering fallback to prior Desktop Software versions.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidian
My Device: Bold 9000

1. What worked for me after some days of frustration at not being able to synch my BB Bold 9000 with Microsoft Outlook Desktop was as follows:
  2. Ensure I had all my essential PIM calendar, tasks, address book, memos on my device.
  3. Delete all the equivalent material from Outlook.
  4. Go to computer control panel and select Microsoft Office 2010.
  5. Choose 'Repair'. 
  6. Reboot.
  7. Reconnect BB Bold 9000 and sync. It worked -- at least this time! 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
asmagaber808
My Device: 2013

You may not know anything about Chemsitry, but you ask some very good questions. If and when you find answers whether on here, or elsewhere, I would love for you to post what you find out.

I have degrees in Math, Chemistry, and Physics, (plus I have been involvved with computers since 1961 as programmer, systems analyst, network adminitrator, etc.) but I have not been able to reinstall v6 successfully after many attempts. Does anyone have a clue why RIMM dumped Intelisync???

Luckily, I have version 6 on my laptop. But getting info back and forth between my main PC & my laptop is a real hassle. I have to make sure that the laptop has all my latest.contact & calendar info before I can sync my Bold to the laptop. My Bold has an update waiting, but I am in no way going to install it.

As soon as I find a GOOD way to sync my Outlook on both computers on a cell phone where I can use an additional battery, I'm out of here. Now exploring using IMAP on DROID solution.

Good luck & sorry about your health issues.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

asmagaber808 wrote:
Does anyone have a clue why RIMM dumped Intelisync???

The only conclusion that can be drawn is that whatever necessary licensing contracts that existed between the two parties expired and they could not reach agreement to continue it. Of course, that's merely a supposition on my part...I've no access to adequate insider information from which to have true information. Further, anyone who does have true information would likely be enjoined from revealing it due to NDA, proprietary information, and other such restrictions.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think he may have also invented the internet.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sawbones
My Device: Curve 9320

I have just run into this problem after installing the BB Desktop Software on a clean Win XP SP3 installation, never had it before.

I've tried all the "workaround" tips, to no avail

How can it be that after all this time (this thread's been running for nearly a year!) RIM haven't sorted out a proper solution to it?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sawbones wrote:

How can it be that after all this time (this thread's been running for nearly a year!) RIM haven't sorted out a proper solution to it?

Because nothing about this site has anything whatsoever to do with formal support from BlackBerry. The fact that a thread has existed for so long indicates solely that some percentage of users have the problem, for whatever reason they may have it. But that has absolutely zero correlation to what BlackBerry may or may not be doing.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
simondpm01
My Device: Blackberry 9800

Hello and thank you for trying to sort my problem.

However, on this occasion I will just write my entries in a paper diary as I put them in my Blackberry.  It looks very complicated and after reading some of the replies it would not appear to work that well.

But thank you very much for trying.  When I change phones I may give it another go

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidian
My Device: Bold 9000

I still think what I suggested is a workable answer and not too complicated. I am now able to synch again without 'CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordID : Invalid linked record ID' continually appearing on my computer screen.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tiahw
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

So what would you suggest if it is impossible to do a clean uninstall?  I cannot use add/remove programs or uinstall, and none of the information in KB02206 or KB04272 has worked for me.  I have used registry cleansing tools to try to clean things up, but I appear to be missing a dll to allow 7.1 to run properly and I am apparently missing an old Blackberry Desktop Software .msi in order to get rid of an old version on my pc.  If I can't get rid of 7.1 now that I have it (never clicking on update again!!) I would at least like some assistance in getting 7.1 to actually install.  Any help would be appreciated...at it for 6.5 hours now...

Please use plain text.