Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

Connecting my blackberry to my Macbook pro

he there, I've had my blackberry for a year and a half and had never had issues with connecting it to my macbook via USB until a few weeks ago, The computer detects the device as the charging icon comes up on the phone but i can't access my phone. This is really starting to bug me as I've tried lots of different websites and none of them are that helpful, can anyone help? 

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Connecting my blackberry to my Macbook pro

Hey sarahgsx

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with connecting your BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone to your Mac Computer. Can you please confirm the below information as I would greatly like to assist.

1. Is BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac installed on this Mac system? (If so can you please reply with the version number)

a. To find the version of BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac please launch the application and select BlackBerry Desktop Software in the top left corner of your screen.
b. Select About BlackBerry Desktop Software from the drop down menu.
c. Please indicate the version number (example 2.0.0.X)

2. What is the version of Mac OS running on your Mac Computer?

a. To find the version of Mac OS you are running on your computer please select the Apple symbol on the top left of your screen
b. Then Select About this Mac.

c. Please provide the Mac OS version number from the About this Mac window.

3. Does the Mac system detect the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone as being connected? (Please connect the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone)

a. Select the Apple in the top left corner of the screen.
b. Then Select the About this Mac.
c. Select More Info...
d. From the screen presented please find the "USB" field.
e. From the USB field is RIM Composite Device listed?

4. Have you attempted to restart the Mac Computer?

5. Have you attempted to remove the battery from the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone and then attempt to connect it after replacing the battery?

6. Does the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone connect properly to a different computer?

7 Is there an error message being displayed on the BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone or the Mac Computer system?

I forward to your reply

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Connecting my blackberry to my Macbook pro

I have been unable to sync my blackberry to my macbook pro since upgrading to OS 10.9.  After many hours of attempts,  I worked my way up to a tier 2 blackberry technician who identified the problem:  OS 10.9 no longer includes syncservices.  It is thus now impossible to sync blackberry and macbook.  I am angry that Apple has made this decision, especially without telling anyone.  

I regret switching to Macbook and will have to seriously consider my options when buying my next device!

If you are a blackberry user and have not yet switched to 10.9, consider staying with 10.8 which does allow syncing with 3rd party applications.