Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
1975garry
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Contacts Issue since downloading new version of Desktop Software?

Hi there,

I have a BB Bold 9700 for the past few years. Last week I got a new laptop and rather than installing BB Desktop Software from the disc that I got with the handset originally I downloaded the latest version from the net (Version 7.1.0). I then backed up my BB using the software. I have no idea why, but now when I go into my contacts two of the fields seem to be blank - as if they were never filed in; Work Tel & email. This is a real pain as I have 600+ contacts and had several group emails etc set up on the BB.

I figured I could re import the contacts from the BES server and resolve the problem but the handset seems to have synced back to that also removing these fields from my contacts here also?! Anyone any ideas as to how I can reverse this? I was thinking about trying to get my old laptop back from the IT dept in work and re-syncing the handset with this - I would have done a backup a few months back - I assume the contacts would be backed up separately on that and not on the server?

Any help / advice would be much appreciated!:Wacko: 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Contacts Issue since downloading new version of Desktop Software?

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delayed reply..hopefully your issue is resolved, but just in case!

If you are on BES, then you should not be using the Desktop Software for synchronization at all. BES will do all of that OTA and "real time" for you...no need for on-demand sync with Outlook at all.

You should talk to your BES admins about how to correct this situation...they control, well, everything.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.