Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ArtistTim33
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Orange

Contacts lost

Today I changed my mobile from contract to pay as you go, so I started the process of backing up my phone through the software, everything was synced and backed up, I also sync my contacts on the SIM hopefuly to the phone. After completing the switch over I did a restore, all my pictures, music etc all returned, the only thing that didn't was my contacts.I've tried putting my contract sim back in but Orange have made the switch so I cant get to any of my original contacts, have I lost them all? Any ideas welcome on how I can retrieve them.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Contacts lost

I've seen many times how stuff has gone "missing" only to show up again after a phone reboot so let's give that a whirl.

While your phone is powered on, remove the battery then replace it a few seconds later. Hopefully that will bring them back again.

Post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
ArtistTim33

Thanks for tip , just tried that but still no contacts.

When you do a full.bbb backup are the contacts stored in that file?

Please use plain text.
ArtistTim33

Just did an extractor on the .bbb file looks like I've lost them for good, for what ever reason the transfer took accross 2 contacts from my 'address book', obviously the contacts which were in my 'contacts' folder were on my SIM and never got taken across during the back-up. Really annoying.

Please use plain text.