Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

arudolph
My Device: Curve 9300

Corrupt backup file (.bbb) - missing manifest

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a corrupt backup file.  I did a full backup, followed by a factory reset on my Blackberry.  After the reset, I wanted to restore some of the data from the backup (contacts, ring profiles, messages, etc).  When I try to restore, it says the backup file may be corrupt and won't even let me choose individual databases to try to restore.

I discovered that you can open the .bbb file with programs like WinRAR or 7zip and see the contents.  My backup contains a "pkginfo" file and folder full of the databases / .dat files.  I ran another backup after the factory reset and compared it to my original backup.  The Desktop software would allow me to restore that backup, but it doesn't have any of my data so it's no good to me.  I opened that one with WinRAR also and discovered it has a "manifest.xml" file that my first backup doesn't have.  The manifest file looks to be an index of what each of the .dat files is associated with.  I tried copying that manifest file into my original backup file, but it still didn't work to restore.  The number of .dat files are different between the backups and I don't think the index numbers match for even individual files such as my contacts.

Is there any way to recreate the "manifest.xml" that should have been in my first backup?  Maybe a program that can read all the .dat files and decipher what they are so the index numbers can be matched up to the correct databases?

Thanks,

Andy

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rapanui21
My Device: Curve 8310

Re: Corrupt backup file (.bbb) - missing manifest

Send me a private message. I can help you. Mike
Please use plain text.
d3n1ro
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

Re: Corrupt backup file (.bbb) - missing manifest