Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8520 Will Not Connect to Desktop via Bluetooth

Hi.  I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 using software version 5.0.0.1036 and I am using Desktop Manager software version 6.1.0.35.  I have a PC running Windows 7 and built in bluetooth.

I have had no problems at all connecting the phone to the PC.  My settings allow this to happen with no issues.  I can even see the Curve in the Desktop Manager under the bluetooth options "Add a device".

However, I simply can not get the Curve to actually connect via bluetooth.  I have followed the instructions and when I click on the Curve icon under "add a device", nothing happens.  I have even tried exiting the software and reloading.  I understand the Desktop Manager software should prompt for the connection on startup.

The only point I would make that if I click on the Device Properties under the Services tab, I have  Handsfree, Object Push etc, but no Desktop.  I have seen a thread elsewhere to this effect.  However, not sure how I can add this if I am connecting as per the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.