Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: H3G

Curve 9300 Outlook Address Book Sync

Hi everybody,

I have a Curve 9300 that I try to sync by BlackBerry Desktop Software with Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 notebook, I want to sync contacts with a specific Outlook address book but I can only select Outlook profile.

With another Win 8 notebook with Outlook 2013 and a Bold 9900 I'm able to select with witch Outlook address book my BB's contacts will sync.

Last version of BlackBerry DS is installed on each PC.

Why that? Is a limitation of Outlook, Windows or phone?

Last thing, unfortunately 2 notebooks and BlackBerry is 300 Km distant, so I've not possibilities to crossing test.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Curve 9300 Outlook Address Book Sync

Hey TT-Thomas,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

You can synchronize multiple contact folders in BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Follow these steps:

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Software and connect the BlackBerry Curve 9300 smartphone via USB.

2. Click on Organizer.

3. Click on Configure beside Contacts then choose Advanced.

4.  Click on the Folders tab and choose Select Different contacts to sync.

5. Browse through the folders and choose the contact folders you want to add for synchronization.

6. Click Add.

Then perform a synchronization of your contacts.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Dear Viscious Ferret,

Saw your reply today and it helped alot, but there are still issues. I was about to trade this blackberry in for a I phone when I found the answer you wrote. So I did not go to the store. There is still a problem. I changed the settings. It will work once.  I found that each time I go to synch I must reset everything to the panamax@msn contacts list, calendar, tasks and memos. There must be a better way to set it and forget it? Do you have any suggestions? Blackberry has to make their system easier and more reliable to synch with. My wife has no such issues with her I phone. She asks me why I spend so much time trying to figure out all these weird synching issues when Apple seems to have solved the problem. Please help. I dont want to switch to an I phone.

Thank you

Max

New Contributor

Hi Vicious,
i know this setup yet but in the first pc i can't see the tab "Folders", only the first 2 tab, how does is it possible?

Cheers

Cristian
New Contributor

Any one that can help me, please?