Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: DEsktop SW dowload

There is a way. It is not too elegant, but it works.

Export all your contacts to a separate file.

Take this file to another desktop computer where Blackberry Desktop Manager works.

Import these contacts to Outlook.

And synchronize it with your device.

Please use plain text.
Developer

Have you applied all available windows updates, including service packs, patches etc ?

To check this run Internet Explorer, select from menu: Tools - Windows Update.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ninive
My Device: Not Specified

yes, they get automatically downloaded onto my laptop through my company NW.

I guess to fix this problem I am going to use someone else Outlook, import my contact list on his Outlook Contacts, then install Desktop Manager on his laptop, and then synch my BB.

by the way, do you know if, once I have loaded all Contacts onto my BB for the first time, then subsequent changes I make on my Outlook contacts get automatically synchronized on my BB (and viceversa)? I mean, I do not need to use the Desktop SW anymore, correct?

Also, if this is true, why do I need to load the Contacts for the first time viw Desktop SW? why they do not synch automatically, once my BB is connected with my corporate e-mail environment?  the calendar was synchronize automatically...I did not need to synch it manually...

Please use plain text.
Developer

If you want to synchronize your contacts on your desktop computer with your blackberry you need Blackberry Desktop Manager every time when you need to synchronize.

When you're on Corporate Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) - I think the BES administrator can setup wireless update for your address book with corporate address book.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ninive
My Device: Not Specified

well, I can confirm that, before all these problems (originated by my firm's MS Office suite upgrade, and e-mail server change) every time I was adding/updating a contact, either on my BB or on Outlook, the other location (Outlook/BB) was in synch in a matter of 5 minutes.

Frankly, I do not even recall having uploaded my Outloook contacts the first time when I got this BB a couple of years ago. Synchronization was happening automatically. I recall using the SW only when I wanted to perform a mass cleanup on my BB....but never for synch needs...

Please use plain text.