Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
ddaniels
My Device: 8310 Curve

DM 4.6 Install sends CPU to 100% with no successful install

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record here.

Desktop manager 4.6 will not install. It runs the CPU to 100% and just burns there... no successful installation.

I've uninstalled, cleaned out the regsitry etc. 4.6 did partially appear after killing in task manager (5 msiexecs!). 4.6 was partially installed but would not recognize any of my BB devices (Curve and an older one, I don't know model number)

At this time my CPU is running at a 100% again after the upteenth install attempt and I need help.

Will someone please tell me

why my CPU is at 100% on install and

WHY it never completes successfully and

why does uninstall not work and

why this software is so difficult to install?

and 

How long is a normal install supposed to take on on a 1.4 ghz, XP service pack 3, 1 GIG RAM IBM T41

I've never seen anything like this. I need help please!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: DM 4.6 Install sends CPU to 100% with no successful install

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I assume you are using a standalone PC.

I would do the following:

Use this to cleanly reinstall the current DM;

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

You possibly have a corrupt download of the 4.6 DM. Unless you have a special reason for 4.6, I would use 4.5 as it runs on my

similar PC with no troubles. Get it here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Do Not download the Media Manager, trust me, you just think you have problems now!

If you run Modem shark kill it, as well as any other background virus checkers etc.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.