Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

DM 4.6 will not sync with Outlook Calendar

Using Windows XP SP3, Outlook 2003, BB Pearl 8130.  Used DM 4.3 for nearly a year without issue.  Just upgraded to DM 4.6.  During sync, DM will read addresses, tasks, and memos, and appears to read the calendar from the device, but when it gets to reading the Outlook Calendar, I get "program has encountered an error and must shut down".  I uninstalled 4.6, tried 4.5, then back to 4.3 but exact same issue with each version now.  I can change the settings in sync to skip sync of calendar and all is well.  But as soon as I check calendar in settings, same issue.  I have uninstalled and re-installed several times.  I even wiped the device (typical answer from Verizon).  USB cable is on back of laptop, not hub.  Any advice?
New Contributor

Re: DM 4.6 will not sync with Outlook Calendar

Forgot to mention, DM 4.6 seems to run much slower than DM 4.3 used to.
New Contributor

Figured it out, BB phone support had me delete the Intellisync folder / file, then set up for new sync, ran sync, and worked fine.  They think some of these files might have become corrupt during the upgrade.  It has worked fine now for days.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

kennyh412 wrote:
Forgot to mention, DM 4.6 seems to run much slower than DM 4.3 used to.

yes, there is a speed gap between 4.3 (fast) and 4.5/4.6 (slow).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: