Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

gman1984
My Device: Curve 8900

DM 6.0 constantly times out when updating BB OS

[ Edited ]

When trying to update my device's software, I had to babysit the DM while it downloaded 450+ modules, and timed out after every two modules, whereupon I had to click the "Retry" button. Is the software trying to download it through my phone? It shouldn't be. Where is this software coming from, the other side of the moon? I have a pretty speedy internet connection with little to no interference, so there's no excuse unless RIM's servers are on the fritz or overworked with other's trying to update their own software. But if user overload is the problem, then that's what the error message should tell me, instead of telling me I have a faulty connection.

And before you ask, I disabled all firewalls and AV software.

f786
My Device: 8310

Re: DM 6.0 constantly times out when updating BB OS

[ Edited ]

I have almost the same problem, expect mine does not time out, it is just taking 20 hours to download 519 modules.   BB developers should test all there products and should have better QA.  This is total **bleep** just **Bleep** fustrating. Now i have no choice and wait or else i will distroy my **bleep** phone.  BB should pay me for me wasted time.