Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att

DM 6.1.0.36 not updating to 6.1.0.B38

I don't get it.  I was in DM version 6.1.0.36 and while speaking to a tech agent yesterday, he walked me through looking for an update and sure enough, there was a version 6.1.0.B38 which offered more controls/options.  Today I had an issue with something entirely different and was asked to uninstall this DM so I did,,,, went back to the Playbook Desk top Manager software download for Windows... it claims to be version 6.1.0.B38 so I download it and install it but it's not the update.  It's 6.1.0.36.  What am I missing here?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and get the same results.  Is there another place to get this DM update?

The specific file I am downloading that claims to be the upgrade is: 610_b038.

As I seem to be locked into version 6.1.0.36, I click the ? and "Check for Updates" and then get a popup message saying my software is the latest version but it most certainly is not.  Even if the numbers in the "about" section are just off, the program itself is the old one and you can plainly see that.