Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
pneumasax
My Device: Tour 9630

DM 6 Error 0x80043aaa Check Documentation

It appears that this is a prevailing issue here. I tried to sync my 9630 using DM 6 and I got an error # 0x80043aaa check documentation when the "Action Engine loading configuration" prompt came up during sync.

Eventually went back to DM 5.1 after several tries at resolving this issue.

Any answers to this?

Thanks

New Contributor
4_floors_up
My Device: 9000, 9700

Re: DM 6 Error 0x80043aaa Check Documentation

Ditto.  Initial DM6 load I was able to recover a backup file and sync once to get current.  A week later, with new a/v software (only major change) KIS 2011 I get the same error code - 0x80043aaa.  Will post update if I find solution.

Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

DM6 + Torch sync errors

Same prob on BB Desktop manager v6 with Torch 9800; I get one of the two errors constantly: error 0x80043aaa and 0x80043ade.

I have Vista 64-bit with Outlook 2007.  I'm trying to sync Outlook memos & contacts to the Torch's memos & contacts.  I'm also trying to sync Outlook's events/calendar, tasks, and journal to PocketInformant's calendar/events, tasks, and journal/notes.

I was able to do so previously on my Curve 8310 using DM v5.  Now that I've upgraded to a Torch and to DM v6, I haven't had any luck with syncing data.  Even when I uncheck/disable PocketInformant addon in DM6 and try to sync it all to BB's calendar, tasks, memos, etc., I still get an error that says it can't sync.  When I try to reset the sync settings, it won't let me unless I delete the Intellisync folder in my PC's application data folder.  Even then, sync still doesn't work.

Has anyone come up with a solution to the sync issue yet?  If so, please share with the rest of us! :smileywink:

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
jdhowell
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: DM6 + Torch sync errors + Blackberry error code 0x80043aaa.

8/27/10:  Same problem, and it appears that some portions of my sync aren't working properly, selecting some and rejecting others (difficult to interpret why ?).

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hey Everyone

This link may help out regarding this error http://bbry.lv/cYy6aJ I know the atricle does not list the new version of Desktop Manager but this could be the same situation. 

Let me know how you make out! 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

SOLVED - Vista x64/DM6/Outlook 2007 sync issues

Hi again!

I've resolved my syncing issue 2 days ago but I didn't post here right away to make sure it wasn't a temp fix, or that I'd gotten my hopes up only to have it backfire later. :smileyvery-happy:  The issue I was having is posted above/previously:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/DM-6-Error-0x80043aaa-Check-Docum...

Basically, I was trying to sync the calendar, tasks, and journal entries from Outlook 2007 onto PocketInformant, and Contacts and Memos from Outlook 2007 onto my Torch's Contacts & Memos app, I would get a sync error.  I was also unable to sync my SplashShopper lists from its desktop to the Torch; the same went for my Docs2Go.  I was able to do so previously using DM5 and my Curve 8310, so I knew it was possible.

In the midst of my "DM6 is the culprit" hang-up, I realized that I hadn't tried syncing anything else outside DM6 to verify that it was/wasn't the prob.  So after trying to sync SplashShopper & Docs2Go - both of which failed -- I had a feeling it was a lame Desktop OS (Vista or 64-bit) issue I was suffering from, not entirely a DM6 issue.  I did find an article from Microsoft's site about sync issues with Intellisync & 64-bit machines, but I ignored it cuz I was, after all, able to sync previously using my Curve 8310 & DM5 on the same machine.

As most of you Torch owners know, DM6 does not uninstall previous versions of DM.  For me, I had both versions on the PC and could not sync unless I used DM5.  I was afraid to uninstall DM5 since it seemed to be the working version, but I did so anyway and left my old settings in place (an option it gave me).  I still had a sync issue afterwards, and even after deleting the Intellisync folder -- all that step did was allow me to reset the Organizer/sync settings, but still no sync.

Launched DM6, I did a full backup on DM6 for my Torch.  Shut down DM6 & unplug Torch from USB.

Next, I zipped up my BB folders (mainly the settings I had left behind when uninstalling DM5), so that I could reuse them if things still didn't work. (7zip is a free tool you can use for this & other stuff.)

I then reinstalled DM5, deleted the Intellisync folder hidden in my Application Data folder, then had DM5 uninstall to INCLUDE removing the old settings that it left behind last time.

I then uninstalled all of the sync-glitchy apps.  So off went SplashShopper's desktop & BB app version, off went Docs2Go...  (Wrote down the registration codes first!!)

After this, I downloaded DM6 from BB's site & did a reinstall/repair OVER the current installation.  I did NOT do a clean uninstall/install of the darn thing. :smileywink:  I then reinstalled SplashShopper and Docs2Go.

I launched DM6, and verified that the SplashShopper & Docs2Go apps were installed/shown in DM6's Applications section.  Changed my sync settings to how I wanted them for both PocketInformant (addon) and Organizer config.  Next step, shut down DM6 (again) & unplug Torch from USB.

I launched (& closed) both SplashShopper & Docs2Go apps on the Torch, as it won't sync unless the apps have been run at least once beforehand.  BTW, this was a good time to change settings, enter registration codes, etc.

I plugged in my Torch, selected to have it "charge" on the popup that appeared... Then launched DM6 and once it was done loading & doing an auto-backup, I attempted to do a "Sync All".

Yep, it FINALLY worked -- no sync errors from DM6, PocketInformant, SplashShopper, or Docs2Go!  I shut down DM6, unplugged the Torch from USB, and verified that the sync changes took place.  All of my stuff was synced the way I wanted.  YAY!!!!!!  :womanvery-happy:

I did a sync at least once a day from there (including today), and have not had anysync errors or incomplete sync issues. *knock on wood*  So for me, I'd say my sync issues were RESOLVED.

Hope this helps at least some of you with your sync probs!

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
New Contributor
4_floors_up
My Device: 9000, 9700

Re: SOLVED - Vista x64/DM6/Outlook 2007 sync issues

Agreed - remove the old Blackberry Desktop Manager (tell the uninstall manager delete all user settings too) and errors went away. 

Denmanm
My Device: Tour 9630

That link is dead

New Contributor
aviseth
My Device: 9700

hi can you explain this easier - im haveing the same problem

preacherjames
My Device: Not Specified

Problem solved!

Close out BB Desktop Manager and uninstall older versions of the software on your computer. I actually had 2 older versions that the 6.0 recently released that conflicted. After I uninstalled them, I had no more conflicts or error codes. You might want to back up before you begin.