Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
scarpint
My Device: Not Specified

DM "Crashes" Syncing Outlook Calendar

[ Edited ]

New to BB with my Curve (OK, I'm hooked!) and am running DM ver 4.7 with a corporate PC that's got VISTA.  My problem is DM "crashes" after syncing Outlook (2007) Calendar.  I get an error message that says "close the program" or "Look for a solution and Close the program".

In the view section, I get the message below.

I've tried deleting the Intellisync Folder per other forums/notes.  I've also cleaned up calendar appointments, all to no avail.

Any other ideas to try?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Tim

Problem signature: 

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH 

Application Name:                             DesktopMgr.exe 

Application Version:                           4.7.0.32 

Application Timestamp:                     49107b46 

Fault Module Name:                          StackHash_6d57 

Fault Module Version:                        6.0.6001.18000 

Fault Module Timestamp:                  4791a783 

Exception Code:                                  c0000374 

Exception Offset:                                000aada3 

OS Version:                                          6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.4 

Locale ID:                                             1033 

Additional Information 1:                  6d57  Additional Information 2:                  a8064b034a1a2f2f618d075073f8fe42  Additional Information 3:                  2dc5  Additional Information 4:                  dbcf31406c7084dbad1f33e2de526f4e

Message Edited by scarpint on 12-30-2008 10:51 AM
Message Edited by scarpint on 12-30-2008 10:51 AM
Jamesmmm

Re: DM "Crashes" Syncing Outlook Calendar

OH GOD!   I've been dealing with this problem for months... I've done everthing!!! I've gone to the forums and read all the the info.  I've updated the curves O.S., using the latest DM, checked the calender for corruption, and deleting the intellisync folder in the users doc's and settings.  Can blackberry PLEASE get their act together.  I recommend Apple Iphones to ALL my clients now!!!  I would appreciate a product that works!!!  I cannot find any permanent fixes for this issue, I fix it on the spot and it keeps coming back.... AAAHHHH!!!!!

Dragon2011

I am having the exact same issues, has anyone come up with a solution? This started with 4.7 I did not have this issue with previous version of DM

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    DesktopMgr.exe
  Application Version:    4.7.0.32

Contributor
ddaniels
My Device: 8310 Curve

I feel your pain. I'm experiencing similar problem with BB curve DM 4.7. Can't synch any of my outlook 2003 data at all. Keep getting error: 

0x3b21

Here is a link to all of the blackberry 'fixit' videos I've made. None of the fixes stuck for more than a few days.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&sq=blackberry&dm=1 

Absolutely  maddening.

Though, I'm leaning more towards Android than Iphone. Iphone app dev platform is decidedly Apple old school i.e. closed. 

mmetts

Folks,

I've been reading these posts (here and elsewhere) with interest. I have an 8820; vista sp1; outlook 2007; running bb dm 4.7 and I can't get my calendar to sync via USB or Bluetooth.

Like others, my failure occurs during calendar sync and not elsewhere. I have tried the intellisync folder delete and a few uninstall/reinstalls + greatly reducing the number of entries in my calendar to the hope of inadvertently deleting the offending entries.

on that last point, I just noticed that dm will at least read all 500 or so entries in Outlook, then it fails. Previously, it failed during the Outlook read.

at any rate, I should would appreciate any additional thoughts people have on this. It's deeply annoying. I just switched from XP running dm 4.2 and Outlook 2003 and I never had any problems even resembling these.

i am at loose ends now wrt what to do.  has anyone gotten a (more or any) useful response from RIM?

thanks,
Mike