Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
hrgolf
My Device: Not Specified

DM6 will not list applications

[ Edited ]

DM6 will not list applications.  Error message "the list of applications from your device couldn't be loaded" and "The loading operation was cancelled by the user"

How do I correct this problem?

keith4000
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: DM6 will not list applications

Hi

I have exactly the same problem so please could someone get back to us. I'm sure we are not the only ones too.

Thanks

keith4000

I've just solved the problem myself. You need to run DM6 as administrator in Windows 7. Probably the same for Vista too.

New Contributor
hrgolf

I'm using Win XP and don't know if/how to run DM6 in Administrator mode.  Can someone help me?

New Contributor
skydyver83
My Device: BB Tour

I'm running DM 6 on Windows 2003 Server and experiencing the same issue, the application list will not load and I'm logged on as the administrator.  Everything else seems to be working although I cannot find a way to stop the automatic sync when connecting my Tour.

Anybody find a solution?

New Contributor
hrgolf

I have the exact same problem with DM6 and Win XP.  Unable to list any applications and sync takes place everytime I open DM6 with my device connected.  I'm also not receiving any text messages from 1 of my email addresses.  Originally I was unable to configure either of my emails.   AT&T Support assisted, but did it online, not through the device.  I'm still unable to access my email settings on my device.

Do I need to remove DM6 and reinstall this stupid software? 

keith4000

Ok, I just loaded up DM6 as administrator in Win 7 and it didnt work again. So maybe I was a bit wrong before.

However, I did get it to work in the end. How I did this was...

1. Connect your BB by USB (dont select anything when your BB says about mass storage mode etc, just leave it)

2. Load up DM6 and wait to say your BB is connected

3. Go to the applications section

4. If you still get the error message, pull out your USB cable from your BB and put it it back in again.

5. If the applications in DM6 do not refresh themselves click on the load applications link again

then you're done...

Well, it worked for me anyway.

Try it.

begood_8086
My Device: Bold 9000 unlocked and Curve 8330

Hi,

I did same as Keith4000 but not worked for me.

Finaly found more.

You must disable Mass Storage Mode Support ...

(Options / Memory / Mass Storage Mode Support  / Off / Save)

... then do process as reported by Keith4000.

Note you will have to unplug again you device after reboot only if same error message appear.

Good luck!

Begood

New Contributor
hrgolf

Thanks for the suggestion, but I cannot locate a "Mass Storage Mode Support" anywhere on my BB Torch 9800.

Also, my torch automatically sincs as soon as connected to DM6 and does not offer any options to manually sinc between DM6 and my device (Torch).  I was able to manually sinc my BB Curve, but unable with the DM6/Torch.........

Help!

hrgolf

New Contributor
skydyver83
My Device: BB Tour

Tried all these suggestions, nothing helps.  I can sync all my organizer data and one add in, I can also perform data backups.  I can't view, load or delete apps (blackberry or 3rd party).  Anybody from RIM monitoring this thread.  This is a real issue if I can't solve this problem I'll have to remove the desktop and try to downgrade to the last version.