Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mkauf
My Device: Not Specified

Delete All Contacts?

I have switched in the past month from a Palm phone to the Blackberry Curve. I am a Mac User. Had to purchase Missing Sync for Blackberry. Having troubles getting all contacts to sync to phone. Just added a new contact to my Apple address book. Tried to Sync several times but new contact does not show up? Would it be best to delete all contacts from phone and start over? Please help this is killing me! Or should I buy an IPhone?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Delete All Contacts?

[ Edited ]

Open to the Adderss Book on the BB.

Look at Options > General Options. Scroll toward the bottom... NUMBER OF ENTRIES  = ??

If there is a number there, then they are on the BB.

Go back to the main Address Book book screen (press the escape key right of the trackball a couple times) .

Press Menu > Filters and make sure NONE are checked...

Does this help?

If you to buy an iPhone, that is up to you.

Message Edited by JSanders on 10-15-2008 06:13 PM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mkauf

Did what you said. It shows the same amount of contacts that are on the computer. The issue is the one that I am looking for is not there. Also any changes I make to the contact list seem to not update to the phone. Is there a way to delete all contacts off the phone and then re sync?

Thanks!

JSanders

mkauf wrote:

Did what you said. It shows the same amount of contacts that are on the computer. The issue is the one that I am looking for is not there. Also any changes I make to the contact list seem to not update to the phone.

Thanks!

Did you check the filters?

When you "changes I make to the contact" where do you DO that, that don't seem to update to the phone?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

mkauf wrote:

Is there a way to delete all contacts off the phone and then re sync?

If you are having errors in your Address Book on your BlackBerry, and you wish to delete the entire Address Book database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Contacts elsewhere, as this procedure will complete delete ALL Address Book entries on your BlackBerry.

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.

3. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.

4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire address book database.

5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book has properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mkauf

Using a sofware for the Mac called Missing Sync for Blackberry. There are no options to do that? Is there a way to delete all conatcts from the phone only?
JSanders

Not direct from the BB.

Do you have PocketMac? I am NOT positive, but I do think this is present in PocketMac.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sufian

When I got my BB I used PocketMac and it always crashed during the sync so I've switched over to using Missing Sync.  There are a few contacts that I'm unable to delete.

I don't see this option in PocketMac.  Any help on how to purge the entire contacts list using a mac would be greatly appreciated. 

sharko74
My Device: curve

[ Edited ]

You had to ask (re: the iphone). Hence I take it you use the BB for work -- is there an enterprise sync?

Contributor
vidmaster99

[ Edited ]

oops... sorry...hit wrong reply button... deleted...