Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
Sergio86
My Device: 9300 curve

Deleted contacts

HI!

I wanted to sync my BB contacts on my iMac, I used the manager but when I wanted to see again my contacts on the mobile, they were all gone and I cannot find them nor in the computer. I can only see my SIM contacts but I had important new contacts in the BB only. The thing is that some of them still appears on the call log. I couldn't do a back up.. . I know that should have been the first thing..  Another problem is that this SIM card is not avaible cause I have changed to another phone and the number is in the new card that is not compatible with this. 

any idea... I have seen similar question but no one answer.. please, someone had the same problem? Is there any other way to get back my contacts... Thanks!

Other curious thing,  I copied the SIM card numbers to my BB contacts, made abother sync with the manager and there was no problem, i got this contcts to the apple adress book and still in the phone... 

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Deleted contacts

It sounds like you overwrote your BB with your blank address book in your computer. If you didn't do a backup your contacts are likely gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb

Re: Deleted contacts

Was it the first sync between your BB and this computer? Never did a backup previously through Desktop Manager or the built-in BB Protect application? Didn't you get any warning while syncing? If not, then I concur with John...
-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)