Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Deleting Applications

I want to download some unneeded apps on my phone but they're not listed in under Options-Advanced- Applications so I read to use Desktop Manager to delete them.  Of course, I use a Mac so I don't have that option.  Is there something else I can use to manage apps?  I didn't see anything when I downloaded PocketMac.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Deleting Applications

If you know which modules belong to the applications then you could manually delete the relevant modules. Without knowing however exactly which modules belong to the applications you want to delete I wouldn't recommend this. Also I wouldn't do this for any of the core BlackBerry applications.

Did you download the applications OTA? If you did then the JAD file of the application download will actually list all the COD/JAR files (i.e. modules) to download. That could give you and idea as to which modules you would need to delete.

In order to delete a module go into Options - Advanced Options - Applications and bring up the context menu by pressing the Menu button. Select Modules from the context menu and you will see a list of the modules on your device. Again, you have to be very sure that you know which modules to delete as you might otherwise have to reinstall your whole device. Good luck.