Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Desk Top Manager

I have a Blackberry Storm 9530.  I recently updated Desktop Manger to v.7.  The calendar syn. option is now not available and I cannot sync. outlook calendar with the phone.  The other outlook functions, contacts, memo and tasks are functioning.  Any suggestions for restoring the outlook calendar to desk top manager.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Desk Top Manager

RIM is aware and hoping they fix it soon.

If you wish to downgrade back v6.1, follow this below.
--From your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, remove your current BlackBerry Desktop Software.
--Reboot your PC (Start > Turn off , etc)
--Upon startup, download this file: "610_b034_multilanguage"
from this link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html#post1744114
--Install that file by double-clicking on it and following the prompts to complete the installation.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: STORM 2 9550
My Carrier: BELL MOBILITY

nice of RIM to push buggy software at us - took me 2 days to fix this mess.  I live out of my BB Storm 9550 - what a pain in the A$$ - and the link given here leads to Desktop V7.0.

thanks RIM - I moved from Palm Treo to BB Storm - if this keeps up I'll have to eat crow and admit to my son that he may be right about the iPhone4

My Device: Storm 9530

The site reccommended contains popup ads that prevent linkage.  Once thwarted, the download link leads to a commercial download site that doesnt seem to work unless you buy thier premium service. Is this Rim's answer to a tech problem???

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

bzimmerman1 wrote:

The site reccommended contains popup ads that prevent linkage.  Once thwarted, the download link leads to a commercial download site that doesnt seem to work unless you buy thier premium service. Is this Rim's answer to a tech problem???

bsimmerman1, no it is not RIM's solution, it's mine, personally. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users.

The download site is safe, it is FREE. Just choose the slower download, not the premium service.

You can choose to use it or not, I'm just taking my time to try to help you. Nothing gained on my part.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code